3800 if you...

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Yea Chrys you can keep the deer,but not really worth it since most of the meat is damaged. I go hunting with this guy alot the last couple years and he got a deer that was hit with a shotgun a few years earlier that meat was all scarred and ruined. Still cost him the cash to get it butchered and he only got half the meat. Maybe you can find a good butcher that can salvagemost of the meat or turn it to jerky or ground beef.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
i think it is more of a time issue than anything . it has to be sliced right down the gut and hung upside down pretty fast after it is dead.
my ol man bitched at me on time for not telling him fast enough after some of my freinds and i hit a dear , so he could go get it . i am not much of a hunter but ALL of my family is and i grew up with deers hangin from the garage split wide open every deer season, iam sure the time period depens on temperature etc.

that is what I thought... :(

tracy hit a huge ass buck last night. I wished that I would have been there. could have had a nice rack and some meat. I realize alot of the meat would be damaged but it would have been nice to have some of it. even some slightly damaged meat could be made into jerky....

BTW... Tracy is ok but the van is toasty :-(

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
You can still get the rack, hell you could still do a full head mount. But yea as soon as you get a kill need to get the blood out of the deer and clean the meat. After we got a deer we go straight to the butcher. He does the field dressing and all for us. btw tell Tracy to move out of the damn woods and she won't have to worry about deer. And you guys will be able to make the weekend meetings. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info