3800 My brakes suck!!!

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
So recently about 2500 miles ago, i had new rotors in the front put on (amico extreams slotted/drilled) and new pads put on all 4 wheels (hawk hps) One of my friends did the install, and at first everything worked fine. But now the breaks just suck! If anything, my stock ones felt stronger.

My main problem is that i have a real mushy feeling pedal, and when i have to slam on the breaks, it feels as if it's taking forever to slow down. I don't have any confindence in these right now. I had a local shop bleed the lines, because i thought there was air in them. Didn't do anything.

So anyone got any suggestions on what the problem might be? Any imput is appreciated. Thanks

John

I

imported_snoop

are you full of brake fluid? did you change the brake fluid? when he got done with the install, did he pump the brakes to move the piston back out to apply pressure on the pad? did he get any grease on them? maybe the grease is not totally burnt off yet if he did? sounds weird to me, i am just throwing out possibles ya know.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
try bleeding the brakes again, mushy pedal feel is a classic symptom of air in the brake lines..THIS TIME tho, do a complete brake fluid replacement, brake fluid breaks (no pun intended) down after a few years and begins to absorb moisture. water boils at a lower temp than you fluid, also reducing your braking power. almost nobody does this (well i do) but the fluid should be replaced every 3 years for optimum performance (and safety!).

also, did you follow the manufacturers recommendations for breaking in the pads / rotors?

MrT

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
With those pads i hope you flushed the system with new fluid. If you dont want to freeze your ass off take it to the Sears Auto Center @ Stratford Mall in Bloomingdale & ask for Ed. Ed is a buddy of mine and he will take care of you. I think its like 35 dollars for a flush. It beats the BS you will have to do if you dont have the right tools to do it.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by cacicgtp7@Nov 26 2003, 07:12 PM
how hard are those to install?
not hard..ive had braided lines(before they were forsale publicly)
btw, I have a diff brand.

fyi..those sold now are one size fits all, and are a tad long, so you need to position them correctly, so as not to rub anywhere.

my only brake mod, and its fantastic..till I get the duel piston, all alum 12 inch upgrade. :huh: ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info