3800 CLICK IT OR TICKET

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
OK peeps remember that IDOT has started implementing their new revenue making SCAM called "CLICK IT OR TICKET". Starting NOV 24th 2003

Now the Police can pull you over and ticket you for not wearing a seatbelt. They no longer need another reason to pull you over. So i guess the time for big goverment telling me what I need to do is now going to directly impact my wallet!!

I guess there is no such thing as choice anymore. Because GOV't wants to control us in every aspect of life.!!

DAMN THEM!! :blink:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Hmmm... I'm curious what would happen if I got pulled over in my TA...

The plastic seat belt bracket that goes on the head rest that keeps the seat belt from riding too high (uncomfortable) broke on my car 2 months ago... i haven't fixed it yet (I have hte part... but just haven't felt like fixing it)

So whenever I drive the car I put on my 5 point harness (crotch belt, and 2 should belts only... I don't latch the side belts... )... I wonder what a cop would do if he pulled me over? hehe

Technically it's not DOT approved (even though it's a hella stronger than stock seat belts and holds you to the seat alot better) ... I can picture going to court to contest.. heh

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Admin@Nov 25 2003, 01:59 PM
I am all for wearing seatbelts...

but I am not all for the gorvernment telling me I have to!

http://www.northwestherald.com/spider/NWH/...6271458763.html

MY CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!
Hear Hear. I always wear my seatbelt, and encourage others to as well. I will not however stop being your friend or lecture you if you dont. I feel that this is a bit outta hand that we are now being told to.

I

imported_admin

that is my problem... I always wear my seatbelt.. .and the rule is.. if your in my car.. .you have to wear your seatbelt... but.. althogh I set the rules in my car... It is not the right of someone else to set those rules... I don't endanger anyone other than myself, by not wearing it.. I will fight this law.. I have already written my congressman.. have you?

John

Originally posted by Admin@Nov 25 2003, 02:30 PM
.and the rule is.. if your in my car.. .you have to wear your seatbelt... but.. althogh I set the rules in my car... It is not the right of someone else to set those rules...
by mandating that anyone in your car needs to wear a seatbelt, arent you doing EXACTLY the same thing as the government??? i think so ;)
you say you are against the gov telling you what to do while in your car but you are telling me what to do while in your car... a little hypocritical dont you think?

BTW... even tho wearing my belt had saved my life in 3 different incidents, i too do not believe the gov has a right to TELL me to wear one.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I think the difference is... the car is John's property... he can dictate the rules of it, however the government does not own the car... it is private property.

When John tells people to put on their seatbelt in his car, it is his property and he has the right to dictate the rules for his car. Also if he has a passenger and that passenger is injured due to an accident there could be legal reprecussions (sp?) against John (potentionally) since the person was injured in his car...

Whereas if I'm driving and not wearing my seatbelt (I almost always do wear it) and get in an accident the government is not liable for my not using a seatbelt... I am the only one liable for it

Similar to GM's policy of seat belt use (at least from what Scott Settlemire has told us). If a GM Employee is in an accident and their little black box says they didn't have their seat belt on they're immediately terminated... this is different than the government saying you have to wear a seatbelt because the vehicle is property of GM so they dictate the rules...

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I think you are better able to control the car with your seatbelt on. IM sure many of you have slowed from 90-0 or so in a very short distance. The forces exerted on your chest and lap from the seat belt are incredible. Had you not been wearing your seat belt, youd be more worried about you going throught the windshield and not stepping on the brakes.

it gets even worse if your car is doing 360s or so and you are now sitting in the passengers seat cause nothing was holding you in. How will you hit the brakes and control your car then?

Anohter big reason is that the government/state/ tazpayers are tired of picking up the tab for people not wearing seatbelts. SOme of these people end up wiht millions of dollars in hospital bills and thier insurance, if they have any, will not pay for it all.......then the TAX payer has to foot the bill.

SImply put, I dont know how anyone could not wear a seatbelt. I really didnt think it was that necessary till Ive been in a few accidents from my dumb friends driving. thank God I was wearing my seatbelt. SLowing down from 70mph-0mph if just a few feet is also pretty scarry too.... :huh:

I

imported_admin

yeah chrys... just like horist said... it is my car... I dictate my own rules... keep in mind... my son rides with me... he doesn't have a choice in the matter..

It's like your house... you can smoke in your house.. that is fine.. in my house, no one can smoke... that is my rule.. people can smoke in my sisters house, that is her rule, it is her house. Should the government dictate that no one can smoke in her house? Or that people should be allowed to smoke in mine? no....

I have written a congressman, becuase it is my property, and if you want to ride in my car, you follow my rules. I don't want a 200 pound person coming toward me from the back seat, and killing me.. becuase he didn't want to wear his seatbelt...

If it were your car, and you said, no one is allowed to wear seatbelts, that is YOUR car and YOUR right to say that... doesn't mean I have to follow it..

I have a problem with the government telling me what I can, or can not do.. with my OWN property...

Hypocritical? No.... I create the rules on my stuff, you want to ride? you can, if you don't, you don't have to... I don't mandate that you have to wear your seatbelt anytime you are in a car.. just when in MY car.

Hope that helps...

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
haha Horist, my plastic bracket holding my seat belt on my '95 Z28 broke too. Whats up with those cheap things? Was it an expensive part to replace?? Thinking of picking one up soon..My Z28 has barely 44,000 miles on it and the little things are falling apart on it already :p

Joel

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Wear your seat belt or eat the steering wheel, Air Bag or Windshield. It should be your choice how you want to die. Simple as that. I choose life. Regaurdless of the law I always wear my seat belt. I dont need Click it or Ticket to tell me to. I guess I should kind of be for the law because I will be a police officer hopefully next year.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Nov 25 2003, 10:10 PM
haha Horist, my plastic bracket holding my seat belt on my '95 Z28 broke too. Whats up with those cheap things? Was it an expensive part to replace?? Thinking of picking one up soon..My Z28 has barely 44,000 miles on it and the little things are falling apart on it already :p

Joel
no wasn't that bad... like 10 bux from a dealer (GM Parts direct had a better price but then they tack on a $hit load of S/H .... the S/H was more than the part costs!!!!)

Not sure of the part number though... I just tried looking it up (I have a complete parts manual PDF for 93-02 camaros) but it didn't have the part # for the 95 model year guides (96-97 is 1 part#, 98-99 another and 00-02 another) ... but I'msure a dealer can look it up..

I left for work today.... Mundelein Police were walking the streets like they were collecting money... nope! They were issuing tickets NOT ONLY for seatbelts but expired plates as well... While I think it is a great idea to wear your seatbelt, I think that is wrong of them to force you to.... What's next? Forcing you to wear a helmet when riding a bike? Making sure you have good tires for winter? It goes on and on... I am not so concerend with what they are doing now but more about what they do next... If we keep letting things like this happen, they will be more likely to implement OBD-III.... This can wirelessly send the speed of your vehicle to an officer sitting on the side of the road, send emissions information, trouble codes, etc. When will enough be enough???

Rocky

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Dyer, IN
How does making you wear your seat belt compromise your privacy?

You are comparing two very different things.

They do something for your safety and now the world is coming to an end? Is it really that hard for anyone to put the seat belt on?

There are rules to everything, thats life. Live with it.

Dont want to wear one, ride a bike.

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by Rocky@Nov 26 2003, 11:15 AM
They do something for your safety and now the world is coming to an end? Is it really that hard for anyone to put the seat belt on?

There are rules to everything, thats life. Live with it.

Dont want to wear one, ride a bike.
Soft padding in everyone's house would make it safer too... so if you fall you wouldn't get hurt...

It's not a matter of it being hard to put a seatbelt on... it's a matter of the government dictating what is safe and then forcing me to do so... I wear my seatbelt all the time and that's by choice...

now they've made my choice and requirement/rule... so it's no longer a choice, it's now something i'm forced to do...

That's my big problem w/this law... it's a jumping block to something else... what to who knows... now they're dictating what you have to do in a car (for your safety) ... so what will they dictate next (in the facade of safety) ... plus we all know how the law system works... if this is legal to do then someone will use it to justify another stupid law in the name of safety...

I just don't like the government telling me what I have to do in my private property regarding a matter that only affects myself and does not put the safety of anyone else at risk... if I want to be unsafe (in regards to myself) that's my choice... not "big brothers."

Rocky

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Dyer, IN
Again you are taking your "private property" onto something that does not belong to you.

Just like when you go into someone else's home or car you tend to follow their rules.

You go onto public roads which are own by......
the government then the have the right to place some rules.

If you only drove your an in your backyard then yes they shouldnt be able to tell you to wear your seatbelt.

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
It's just another cover up for safety... but really they just want a tyter grip on our ball sacks.. (anology)... More tax money, its just for them really.. as long as them and there families make it home alrite and our with them at the end of the day and they have thicker wallets they really don't care... its all about money to them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info