EGR monitor no ready....

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
so i have always passed emissions with the cat incomplete ( NOT THERE)... and never had a issue passing before.. but now i can not get the EGR monitor to kick over to ready/complete! i have a abs light on due to hub or broke wire.. but no SES.. would that prevent it from turning to ready?

i am a month over due... is there any way get that thing to be ready? Using DHP power tuner... can i tune it out or something? I also recall back in the day someone turned all the DTC to off or 3 on the tuner.. and they could pass then..

Any help would be great!~

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Things have changed just recently. This is from over on CMC. Bob is a manager at the Addison facility.

Well time for the bad news... As of monday the 10th (of June) lane 1 at every emission station will no longer test a not supported tune/monitor. As of monday the 17th all lanes will not allow a vehicle with a tune the reads not supported to test.

Yes its going in every station, as of monday the 17th, a mechanic said somthing to a IEPA rep and they immediately went to the company and made us change up the software, dont know who it was but more then likely a newer or younger mechanic not thinking about who he was talking to. It wont be a fail it will be a Not Ready reject.

A fail is your popping codes from the computer, a not supported reject is just that, a reject not considered a test. Big Fail they rolled out the new software last night to all the lanes some time after 6 while we were closed

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Guys that have tunes for no catalytic converters are already freaking out. Some guys said they were going to try the anti-foulers before their O2 sensors since they have headers.

One guy with high flow cats also failed after he had the rear o2 sensors turned back on. His tuner sent him a revision to see if it might help. He has not taken the car back in yet to see if it worked.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Things have changed just recently. This is from over on CMC. Bob is a manager at the Addison facility.

I really think that is all hearsay?... i think it depends on what year the vehicle is.

for this thread- i had a thing where when i first went turbo, i didn't have an intake air temp sensor- well that wouldn't allow one of the tests to run- the one where the car has to be started within xxx degrees of ambient- well since the iat sensor was disconnected- ambient was like -56* and wouldn't let the test go because the coolant temp wasn't close enough.... and the egr monitor no ready was one of the things i couldn't get it to go... put my intake temp sensor in and was all good.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Guys that have tunes for no catalytic converters are already freaking out. Some guys said they were going to try the anti-foulers before their O2 sensors since they have headers.

One guy with high flow cats also failed after he had the rear o2 sensors turned back on. His tuner sent him a revision to see if it might help. He has not taken the car back in yet to see if it worked.

this all sounds way different from anything gm... with hp tuners- all of the tests still run and do everything okay- the codes are set to not report- which prevents the cel from turning on.

i know how the codes are turned "off" between ford and gm is different- i don't understand it for ford though.

but like I said- GM- all of my cars tests still run currently- all of them populate as "ready" yet I am egr-less, rear o2-less, evap-less, pcv-less, etc etc... and no codes either.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Going by information from a manager at a Air Team facility. Pretty solid source. He just posted that info a couple weeks ago. This just went into effect June 17th. Some lanes on June 10th

He has a modified mustang. He knows what people do with their cars and tune to make them pass emissions. He has been helpful in the past with people on CMC. I don't see why he would be jacking anyone around.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Going by information from a manager at a Air Team facility. Pretty solid source. He just posted that info a couple weeks ago. This just went into effect June 17th. Some lanes on June 10th

He has a modified mustang. He knows what people do with their cars and tune to make them pass emissions. He has been helpful in the past with people on CMC. I don't see why he would be jacking anyone around.

like i said... how the codes are tests are run are different from ford to gm. i don't understand how the computer for a gm obd-II car reporting all tests as complete and ready- with the codes set to not report could ever flag anything in the testing lane.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo95
Well time for the bad news... As of monday the 10th (of June) lane 1 at every emission station will no longer test a not supported tune/monitor. As of monday the 17th all lanes will not allow a vehicle with a tune the reads not supported to test.
yeah that is different right there.

the OP just needs to figure out why the "drive cycle" isn't completing... which is totally possible without the emissions equipment or in this very basic case- cat...

General Motors Driving Cycle

A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.
To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:

• Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
  • Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
  • Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
  • Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
  • Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
  • Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
  • Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
  • Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The OP isn't passing, is he? What worked in the past might not work anymore.

Not supported is one way. Not ready is another. This one says not ready.

attachment.php

I am not gonna argue with you. I know things are not as they were. And now people who used to pass no longer pass. Take it for what it is.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
lionelhutz-249091-albums-e-test-32435-picture-truck-dtc1-136369.jpg

screen shot from HPT...

if what pressure ratio is saying is correct- as far as not being able to have tests come back as incomplete on hpt or in this case not ready as the emissions computer reports back at the testing station- you need your readiness monitors to say all of that like above- just that the computer has run all of the tests

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
HPT reads em as complete, so does DHP if you set it correctly.

The IEPA cannot tell if you have a tune, there are way to many different PCM calibrations from dozens of manufacturers for them to be able to check every vehicle that goes through without false fails. And if they cannot check every make/model for a tune, they will not check any (Can be seen as discriminatory only testing some cars, especially if they are a "Cheaper" line of cars as it "targets" the lower income folks).

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
You guys just reminded me that my emissions test for my TT G8 is coming up soon. I just went out and made an "emissions tune" real quick for it. And by "emissions tune", I mean I demodded my car completely and put the stock tune in. :pedobear: All good unless the state can see something I can't. lol ;) Let's just hope that IL doesn't start doing visual inspections!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info