Doing my gaskets here this weekend.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Few questions here..

1. What should I buy? Plastic or aluminum lower intake gaskets?

2. I'm planning on filling the radiator/cooling system with water to drive it to the shop where my buddy is going to do a fluid flush on the cooling system with green coolant. Is there any reason anyone would advise against this for a 20 minute drive?

3. What else do I need to know?

It's blowing coolant through the combustion chambers, thankfully no dex-cool milkshake.

I read somewhere on here about a royal purple product I believe it was that reduces coolant temps. Would it be beneficial to run that?

Just so I know I'm clear

Need: LIM gaskets, fuel injector o-rings (just 6), and what else. I'm about to go on RockAuto and do work.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Aluminum gaskets, water is fine in the summer, change your oil a few times run it for 5 minutes change run it for 15 minutes change and your good, just change all the injector orings while your there, coolant elbows, the royal purple stuff isn't needed unless you doing race car stuff

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I just put Royal Purple Synthetic in the car 5,000 miles ago. Should I run normal junk for the clean-out? I'm assuming I can just go back to the RP Synthetic after?

I have the dorman aluminum elbows sitting in my toolbox along with a new supercharger coupler and supercharger oil waiting for this too :jg:

So what all else should I buy for this job?

My list.. tell me what I need to add or take off.. I'm not entirely sure.

10 quarts of cheap oil
two oil filters
lower intake manifold gasket set (GM Aluminum)
supercharger to lower intake manifold gasket
thermostat
fuel injector o-ring set

:dunno:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
You run royal purple? It's a 3800, you can re-use Taxi cab oil in it and it will be fine.

Not only is it ok to switch from Synthetic to non, I rotate through synthetic, Traditional, blend, and 5w-30 or 10w-30 with no bad side effects. It'll run on any of it no fucks given.

P.S. I'd also replace the valve cover gaskets and grommets while everything else is out of the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info