E85??? L32 build

MeanGreenGTP

Apr 10, 2013
whats all needed to properly do e85 on my 2004 comp g?.. in middle of building my L32 on engine stand,,, xp cam, 8.5:1 .20 over je pistons, new L32 rods. ARP main studs head studs rod bolts, 1.8 yella terras with supplied pushrods (engine hasnt been assembled yet still gotta get bearings, gaskets, a powerbond balancer etc small stuff machined oil pump cover etc ) puts xp at 585/603 intense said i will be pushing it but that 1.8 yt and my xp will work with proper head work :) , comp oe-r's, rollmaster double chain set, heads are gasket matched. valve guides machined .060, ported polished, #130 crows and manley titanium retainers. money is climbing towards ZZP full stack intercooler, **purpose of this thread comes down to me being interested on E85 to go with, i been told that my car doesnt have a return style fuel system like L67s? and itd be best if it did, i have no idea about these fuel systems and whats best for it, and id like to do e85 if it will make my set up even perform better and safer for my engine, thanks for ur help guys**

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
with your set up 60# injectors, a 255lph pump of your choice and a ractronix rewire should be plenty for e85, the 04 and newer returns it just returns 2 feet from the tank right off the fuel filter on your car, and the regulator is in the fuel canister rather than on the rail, ive run into problems with the returnless set up but that was at over 500whp, you shouldnt have any issues with the combo at the top of my post

MeanGreenGTP

Apr 10, 2013
with your set up 60# injectors, a 255lph pump of your choice and a ractronix rewire should be plenty for e85, the 04 and newer returns it just returns 2 feet from the tank right off the fuel filter on your car, and the regulator is in the fuel canister rather than on the rail, ive run into problems with the returnless set up but that was at over 500whp, you shouldnt have any issues with the combo at the top of my post

thank you sir!!!! when it comes time to put this motor back in, im guessing middle of june or so, i will probably be bothering you for some help lol as far as installation and such.. what about fuel rails with this intercooler? any re wiring for injectors or harnesses? would it be hard to make it a return style? intense was saying that it could starve 2 cylinders, and i already chipped pistons next to each other i was wondering if that had something to do with it along with my inadequete tune

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
thank you sir!!!! when it comes time to put this motor back in, im guessing middle of june or so, i will probably be bothering you for some help lol as far as installation and such.. what about fuel rails with this intercooler? any re wiring for injectors or harnesses? would it be hard to make it a return style? intense was saying that it could starve 2 cylinders, and i already chipped pistons next to each other i was wondering if that had something to do with it along with my inadequete tune

you need rails with an intercooler either way, you can convert to return pretty easy if you buy aftermarket rails with a regulator on them and run some stainless braided line back to the fuel canister they make AN quick connects for the stock quick connect fittings, or you can do what i did and run a vac line all the way back to the regulator in the tank to make it raise fuel pressure with boost, but you wont need any of that to hit the full potential of your set up, not to be mean but i dont think there is anybody at intense any more that knows shit about 3800's, if your tune is good and your not out flowing the pump there is no reason 2 cylinders should starve for fuel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• MeanGreenGTP
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list