Cooling system question.

Qball

Yes, I would like fries with that.
Sep 26, 2010
Plainfield, IL
Since I owned my '99 GTP, (162k miles)the cooling temps have been on the low side. Typically, the temp would barely off of 160. @ 2 years ago, I replaced the thermostat and that seemed to help. The temp is @ 3-4 ticks above 160. Is this normal? I know, I shouldn't bitch about a car that doesn't over heat. This is more of a curiosity. These temps seem to be the same in the summer as well as the winter. The heater puts out hot air. Enough to warm things up nicely on a cold day. When the car is running, the cooling fan is not constantly running. Again, I was curious about this.

Also, has anyone used those aluminum coolant elbows offered from ZZP? I just replaced mine with those and was hoping to get some long term feedback. (It's nice to not leave a puddle every place I park!

Thanks, in advance.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The gauge is probably off that far, they are known to be all over the place, and the coolant elbows just came out this year so there won't be much real long term feed back but I trust that they are way better than plastic, I have a set I'm using whenever I get my alternator bracket back from powder coat

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah thats normal on the temp gauge...alot of companies give the whole middle range as a normal operating range vaguely outlined by upper and lower numbers

the aluminum doorman elbows are quite nice but i have taken the Orings off to hit the casting flash with a needle file where the oring groove is, as some seem to have spots that are "missed" during manufacturing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Qball
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list