04 grand prix tune

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yea, I'm just saying that if it's just a topswap car with minimal bolt on mods, from a lot of experience I've found a simple canned tune will do just fine. There's just not much you can do for them. Now add an intercooler, or a cam, yea, lots of potential there.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There's a bunch of stuff you need to run that cam anyways, so it's best you didn't do it. Overkill has good PCM's, screw ZZP. Don't buy anything from them unless you absolutely have to. Our local guy Mike K might have good PCMs. (wbodystore.com) Get your parts there if you can, local business FTW. Plus we like him.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Either will work fine. If you can find a used DHP tune floating out there that's good too. Will from Overkill can sometimes be hard to get a hold of, but his tunes are fine. I had one with my GXP, had DHP back when I had my GTP.

Don't have any experience with ZZP tunes, but their customer service is good.

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
Nah I meant that zzp is like $185 just by going off all the extras and what not and after the refundable $125 pcm core charge. If I remembered correctly overkill was like $125 so that is why I didn't want to go with zzp if they are basically the same thing with a different name. Being 17 I try to save money when I can!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Ware are you located? I'm going to zzp on Friday and could bring you back a tuned PCM at a slight discount and no shipping, if you actually go there and have them dyno tune it its not really that much i had a set up like yours but the s1x cam and it was 200 bucks for a dyno tune, also you may need bigger than stock injectors and an upgraded fuel pump and or rewire for that set up on an 04+ car

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
I am located in Huntley. I have gtp injectors in there right now but I am thinking of going 39 or 42 pound injectors. I haven't heard about needing to do anything with the fuel pump so mine is stock for now but I will definetly look into that, thanks! Oh and I will get back to you on the pcm cause if they will tune it at the shop for around $200 then I might take a drive up there.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I had a top swap 06 every thing the same as yours with a s1x cam on a 3.4 I used 42lb injectors but I think I still had the stock pump at that time, the fuel system on an 04+ always requires more than the return style system injector and pump wise, email Tim at zzp for a quote on tuning

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info