2000 monte carlo a/c light comes on???

dgarton

Jun 2, 2010
my co workers wife has a 2000 monte carlo base edition i had a local shop evac the 134 out of it brought it back to shop dropped the ac compressor then i replaced it. went back to shop they charged it. now which i assume is a coincidence the a/c light comes on automatically? they didnt add anymore 134 to system or remove any less so has anyone in here had any issue remotely close to this bc shes panicking. the issues is that the button has to be turned off manual by pressing it rather than it engaging when the a/c is turned on. Basically its coming on every time she starts the car then she turns it off then parks the car and then starts it back up again n she has to push the button once more. once its turned off it doesn't come back on or anything. a resistor? i dunno im mechanically inclined but this is pissing me off. im trying to get the car back to the shop tomorrow so any thoughts would be very helpful

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah thats the computer turning on the ac to condense water vapor out of the air before it passes through the heater core...fastest wat to thaw/defog a window is warm dry air...it does this based on the outside air temp sensor readings to determin if the windows could be fogging

somewhere near the front of the radiator is the sensor clipped near the ducting from the bumper cover to the radiator area...unplug it and youll disable it or just live with automatic climate control computers

iirc with the tech2 you can change climate control settings

if they charged it properly she's just noticing it...if he/she changes a control setting like fan speed it will put it into manual and then you control everything, upon restart it should still be in manual and be at the same settings though if set to heat most will keep the fan off till engine temp gets warm then slowly ramp it till at you last blower speed setting. thats purely a delay....true manual controls would just blast cold air at ya at whatever speed the blowers at.

welcome to the future.

i also suggest reading the owners manual. they list the particulars quite well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info