04 monte s/c

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I took one for a test drive and when driving normally it was fine. When I got on it maybe about 85-90% throttle it kinda shuddered on a few different occasions. I know its kinda vague but what do you think it could be? A few other things i've noticed with the car was the valve covers and oil pan were leaking. Not a big deal if I can get it for the right price. Any opinions? My bro in law said probably trans related. Something a oil (trans) change can cure? No check engine light either. Since the valve covers were leaking, any chance of oil getting into the injectors? If I have asked a dumb question somewhere along the line, sorry, im no mechanic.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Wouldnt a misfire throw a code? car has 117k

Mine was only under high load (80%+ throttle or in OD converter locked uphill) which I wasn't hitting hard enough for it to trip the light.

I would guess at that mileage if you noticed the valve cover leak and didn't mention about new spark plug wires that it probably has original shit in it.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Couple of things to address

How long has it been sitting? Could be bad gas and run shitty at higher RPMS or a sticky injector.

How does the trans fluid look and smell?

Mileage? Could be plugs and wires like people have said.

x2 on checking trans fluid.

Replacing the trans fluid has never fixed a 4T65E!!!! If you can feel it, it is already too late and the trans will need to be repaired. Many other issues can feel like trans issues though (Like TPS issues causing it to shift at random speeds/ not shift)

Back OT, With the other posters, High RPM top misfires are commonly caused by worn plugs/wires. Start with the simple shit.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Replacing the trans fluid has never fixed a 4T65E!!!! If you can feel it, it is already too late and the trans will need to be repaired. Many other issues can feel like trans issues though (Like TPS issues causing it to shift at random speeds/ not shift)

Back OT, With the other posters, High RPM top misfires are commonly caused by worn plugs/wires. Start with the simple shit.

I didnt say to replace it. Just to smell and see how it is. It could be a trans slipping issue

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info