Transmission places near Des plaines

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
So got in the car to go pick up the girl and noticed a slight slip and sluggish in 1st. 2nd was fine then came to a stop when i gave it gas it just made noise and no movement. I threw it in 2nd and moved. So pretty much trans is bad.. threw some fresh trans fluid in there and still same thing.

Any one know of a place in or around des plaines for transmissions?

thanks all

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
Suburban trans did an alright job for me in my maxima a few years ago. The issue was I had to bring it back twice for part failure and leaks within the first few months, which they tried to blame me and "heavy" driving on. Though eventually they fixed everything for nothing extra, and its been fine the past 40k.

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
This is what gets me worried about trans shops, they can blow all the smoke up your ass about how good of a job they'll do and everything they say they will replace. But unless your physically there to watch them, there's no real way to know what they did with your trans. Like with mine, I dropped my pan to change the fluid after the rebuild and the warranty was over. I found they didn't touch the accumulator, the shift kit I put in there was still in it. Not even a year later the TCC solenoid goes out killing my trans, I know the solenoids should last more then just a year or two. If I ever need to get a trans done for now on if I dont just swap in a JY trans, I will be looking for someone who is recommended. Maybe an someone who does them on the side for extra cash, those people tend to what you want and are less likely to cut corners. :dunno:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This is what gets me worried about trans shops, they can blow all the smoke up your ass about how good of a job they'll do and everything they say they will replace. But unless your physically there to watch them, there's no real way to know what they did with your trans. Like with mine, I dropped my pan to change the fluid after the rebuild and the warranty was over. I found they didn't touch the accumulator, the shift kit I put in there was still in it. Not even a year later the TCC solenoid goes out killing my trans, I know the solenoids should last more then just a year or two. If I ever need to get a trans done for now on if I dont just swap in a JY trans, I will be looking for someone who is recommended. Maybe an someone who does them on the side for extra cash, those people tend to what you want and are less likely to cut corners. :dunno:

Even well known people skimp on stuff also, cough Tim king cough, my trans has less than 2k miles on it and will quit locking the converter after a 10 mile drive

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
i will see if they can give me a print out on their everything rebuild... the owner and head tec i talked with said they redo everything. He also said a reman convertor or a new one is more but he would go with the reman....only crap thing is their payments cash or cashiers check no debit, no credit, no personal checks.

give them a call and say Sam with the Impala sent me here.. see what they say

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
I've been using action transmission in forest park for years. Never had an issue with their work ever. Between my family and my cars prolly sent 10 to 16 cars to them no ones ever complained

I was gonna use them when my trans originally shit the bed, but the other place gave a longer warranty. Which ended up bein a complete waste anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info