3800 Spy vs Spy

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
DD's new hooptie :rofl: meet White Spy
180px-Spy-vs-spy.JPG

from roller to driver in ~one week just took it today to drive to school in houghton (sp? UP) 99 regal GSE 101k less than 2600$ in it
DDsSpyvsSpy.jpg

as it was it was a turbo car DD got it for 1500 from 03impala9c1 in Wis, Originally he was gonna throw the drivetrain from the rearended black regal into it but that changed when D grabbed that 150$ 82k drivetrain lol he worked on his junk while Al worked on his junk (got the same block/oiling mods)
AlnDDmotorwork.jpg

it was pretty durty so the blanket got removed and the booster swapped with the imp one meant for blackspy...
DDsWhiteSpyBEFORE.jpg

he tossed the headlight capsuls from the black car into it (aparently we found out the prev owner removed the Headlight bulbs lol...while it was dark out last night lol) swapped the new rubber/rims from the black car onto it etc, here it is getting its first fix of 93 in prep for his first and only VE tune.
DDsWhiteSpygettinitsfirstfix.jpg

looks stock eh?
DDsWhiteSpyenginebayS1X-headers-por.jpg

its not! :noes:

late 99/early 00 model year L67, notched bores, BS/oil delete rear cover, filter bypass delete, S1X cam, he ported the heads and relieved the chambers (just a bit more than a qwik port job-LS6 springs, comp retainers and locks, vitons), ported LIM/runners w/ TB coolant delete and notched divider (to restore rear bank coolant flow to OE), and modified PS headers (EGR delete, welded x2y), dumping into the 2.5" slp catback that came with the car. solid rubber trans mount (needed it) and 90'd the Tq link bushings.
100% stock stuff
shorty/totating (other than bore notching but no disassembly required)
blower and pulley
TB/MAF (maf tables good just needed VE tune)
front cover/T chain
rockers
injectors
airbox and paper filter lol
trans (came with 150$ motor)

the badass part is that while VE'n it (PE disabled and maf unplugged) he had NO KR!!! even at WOT! lol
drives like a raped ape and is completly safe now that the VE was done and PE is restored/maf plugged back in. it got the same bin as BlackSpy has lol and its completly stock and get KR

pretty nice ride after alot of sleep deprivation lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lol best to do it once and do it right!
the whole thing was basically a restoration (is it wierd that i feel old since this 99 is now 10 years old?!?) every bolt checked, lots of new parts and Jyard parts for missing stuff...parts from like 10 different cars are in it.

he really needed a car for school :roflpicard:

plus its nice that he could beat the ever lovin piss outta it and just have the trans to worry about lol

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
yup its that motor/trans

when he gets back from school the black car has an appointment with an oak tree and a sledge along with my enerpac portapower, then it'll get a hole in the hood :noes:

:eek4: I was going to see if he wanted to sell it wrecked, but if you guys got plans for it. :io:

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hopefully the black car will be back together and fixed some. it'll either stay stock or get hogged out and track/dyno prepped with a serious build.

I am extremely happy with the white car, it survived the trip up to houghton, MI, but I was biting my fingernails for 300 miles while thinking there may be a trans problem. Hopefully it sorts itself out. Seemed like it was working ok today.

already getting all kinda of looks with the car... I like :)

Thanks again to everyone that helped me get it done. it was a PITA I know, but it turned out really well.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
parts from like 10 different cars are inl

I feel special......he got a few extra ponys from that paper filter being "worn in":hsugh:

I'm glad you guys were able to get it done in time, good luck with the trans Double D

Oh, and James my motor mount took 1.5 caulk tubes of "right stuff", I don't know how it all fit:dunno:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hey edsel there was a nearly new filter in the airbox that came with the engine/trans i think thats what he threw in there...

took that much eh? just let it cure for a while!

DD's trans just seems to not like the cold in the frozen north...shoulda put a block heater in it has the same damn bin the black regal has...dont know whats up with the trans till he gets back...

i heard that he wants to put snowmobile tracks on the back of blackie :pedobear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info