3800 Could this be related to bad fuel?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Under any type of load the engine will buck and shake. It feels like a misfire but I didn't have my scanner on me when I came into the office this morning so I couldn't check which cylinder(s). There's no check engine light flashing.

When my plug wires were bad it would misfire only when I hit boost. This time it does it under any load at all. Even when the TCC kicks in at 45 mph it stumbles.

I put in a full tank of premium last night, and yesterday before filling up the car was running normally. All plug wires are tight and nothing has burnt through on the headers. That's the only check I gave it this morning when I got downtown.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I had a issue like that a few months ago. I could really feel it during light acceleration in 4th gear. Like merging onto the highway or accelerating up a hill. The torque converter was locked and I was almost in boost I guess. Changing plugs didn't do anything, and resetting the tune to as stock as I can make with my setup didn't change a thing either, if anything that made it worse. Not sure if it was the winter gas, or a problem with my trans, but I haven't experienced this before. I ended up changing some 4th gear TCC settings with the tuner to fix/coverup the issue.

I will move this to 3800 section...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
good its also possible thatwhile warming up water from the cowl area dripped onto the rear wires etc.

it may shock ya but ground yerself take and run yer hands along each ign calble in turn and see if you find any voltage leakage you can do the same thing with a grounded wire/etc but by hand you can feel the tingle of small voltage leaks easier (aka an arc point not arving unless under load/high kv

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info