Picked up a 3800 powered chariot

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So, I drove down to FL, sold my ma the Optima and bought her 97 Bonneville SSE with 62k on it. Its fully loaded with the chrome wheels and looks pretty sharp imo. I may be partial though cause it is the car I stole when I was 14, learned to drive on, and destroyed many a virgin in the backseat. haha

I drove it back, through the smokey mountains in TN, and it performed flawlessly. I plan to keep it pretty stock for now and plan a small turbo on a stock motor for the future. I would like to lower it a bit, but have not looked into the options yet. Would love to bag it but not sure how difficult that would be on it. Oh, oil cap says 10w30, is that what all you 3800 nutswingers run? Anything a 3800 newb should know?

Im detailing it up tomorrow and will get some pics for ya'll then.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
not-sure-if-serious-or-if-trolling.jpg

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
It is, there are only 2 scratches on it that can't be buffed out and me and Panda are probably the only people that would find them anyway. lol

It does have a weird issue were sometimes the power locks work find, sometimes they only unlock the drivers door. Im guessing its a wiring issue or something. Does it using the remote and the switch on the door. Its a pain in the ass going from keyless entry/start to having to lean to the back seat to manually unlock the back doors.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
It is, there are only 2 scratches on it that can't be buffed out and me and Panda are probably the only people that would find them anyway. lol

It does have a weird issue were sometimes the power locks work find, sometimes they only unlock the drivers door. Im guessing its a wiring issue or something. Does it using the remote and the switch on the door. Its a pain in the ass going from keyless entry/start to having to lean to the back seat to manually unlock the back doors.

My car the first remote press only unlocks the drivers door, and the second unlocks the rest, there is a way to change the setting.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Do you guys really think I dont know that with how many cars I have been in and out of detailing. lmao Something is wrong with the power locks, I can hit the power unlock button on the drivers door and sometimes it unlocks the drivers door only, but sometimes it decides to unlock all the doors. Same with the remote, i can hit it 12 times and it just unlocks the drivers door.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
boxes....i thought i typed boxes after that :rofl:

whenever i get some time with my scanner i can see if the bcm is getting the lock/unlock signals and make sure its on the secondary or primary side of the circuits

it wouldnt be the first time ive seen an actuator seize and basically form a short that takes all the current so the other good actuators dont have enough juice to change position

can you feel the other door locks try to move the door lock slider below the handle?

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
boxes....i thought i typed boxes after that :rofl:

whenever i get some time with my scanner i can see if the bcm is getting the lock/unlock signals and make sure its on the secondary or primary side of the circuits

it wouldnt be the first time ive seen an actuator seize and basically form a short that takes all the current so the other good actuators dont have enough juice to change position

can you feel the other door locks try to move the door lock slider below the handle?

Ill check when I go to lunch, thanks.

....I still have no idea what are talking about even with "boxes" at the end.:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info