Raise your hand if you have ripped a trans mount in half

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Well fuck I have this useless solid trans mount, I was doing some brake work so I could fit the slicks on and hit the track this weekend and now fed ex fucked me and couldn't find my house so my wheel studs won't be here till Friday and while taking the brakes off I find my trans mount that is only a few months old has snapped in half pics to come when I get back in the house, because turbocarproblems

image%282%29.jpg

image%283%29.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
for the trans mount the zzp urethane is fairly cheap but the fronts not worth it

easier to use the energy suspension ford trans mount with redrilling the cradle mount recess and horseshoe and buying two bolts and nuts and dep on how it sits level, up to a 1/4in steel plate spacer.

i remember finding an ES mount that would work on the drivers side trans mount but the redrilling and cost was about the same as the zzp urethane.
the zzp front was what 140? the ES you can find for 35 and maybe 15$ in bolts/hardware and drilling 4 7/16ths holes

ultimately drilling and filling good oem/aftermarket hydraulic mounts with rtv or urethane is far more cost effective for most builds.

i still think solid 4 corner bolting would be the best, you could ditch alll those heavy upper brackets that tend to bend the hell outta the core support.

toss some solid subframe mounts on there and the whole thing would be much more stable.
less weight above axle centerline, more below

moar racecar

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
are you friggin kidding me? the 4 bolts and 4 plates and 4 tabs of 1/4inch steel would weight less than the iron bracket lol

ditch the lower mounts and horseshoe and theres another 40lbs off

and this was all planned for the rear of the 442 then the front once it gets the 80e

all the load through all 4 subframe to unibody mounts

its worth it

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It's funny that GP guys onsider this an upgrade to their stock, hydraulic mount. That mount comes stock on the Regal and Buick guys "upgrade" to the GP mount.

Both my 1998 and 2002 GS's had that mount stock.

my stock one was shot and i asked for a mount that was a little firmer than stock and thats what they gave me, im grabing one from auto zone for the weekend and prolly going to make a solid metal mount for it this winter

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
my stock one was shot and i asked for a mount that was a little firmer than stock and thats what they gave me, im grabing one from auto zone for the weekend and prolly going to make a solid metal mount for it this winter

Strengthen the mount and you transfer the stress elsewhere.

I broke an output shaft on my Cobra trans. Car go. Snap! Car no go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info