Need some emissions crap!

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
As some of you know... I moved to the DC area. Unfortunately, that means that they do a visual inspection of the car... BEFORE I can even register it. At this point, I think the only thing left that I need is the bracket for an EGR valve. I really have no intention of actually making it functional again, but it just needs to be there. I have an EGR (it's missing one of the tubes), but I don't have the bracket to mount it in place! If you have an EGR that came out intact, that would be handy, too.

I'm reaching out to you guys, hoping I can throw you a few bucks to ship me one... I'm assuming most of you have ripped the things off your car, and hoping that you haven't thrown them away! Please let me know if you've got one lying around. I need to get this thing inspected and registered asap.

Thanks guys!

-Carl

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i bet i have one somewhere... but just find a local picknpull and yank it off one of their core engines sitting in a pile...or in a car

10, 13, 15 mm head nuts/bolts and your done

so hows your oem egr deleted? with plates? or did you use 3/8ths npt plugs?

if you have to have it on but need it non functional then just fill the lim tube of the bracket with rtv and just a bit on the ring to seal manifold vacum well. the other end that goes to the header you can grind the tube to exhaust flange off and just let it jamb itself against the blockoff or you can install it as oem.

honestly if your keeping a mild setup without an IC id recomend reinstalling it fully functional and enjoy the better cruise fuel economy. give you more money for bingo cards

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
That's what sucks... there don't appear to be any junkyards around here. Not sure if I'm just not looking hard enough, or if the might Google is failing me.... but I can't find much of anything!

When the headers went on the car, we used ZZP blockoff plates. I just want to have SOMETHING there when I go for my inspection.

I have a SSIC on the car, so I'm not sure how that would work with the EGR... but that is certainly a thought. The EGR I have is missing the tube that goes to the LIM, so that would make it harder!

If you've got a spare EGR/Bracket lying around, I can definitely paypal you some money to make it worth your time to send it. Let me know, and I'll PM you my address!

Thanks for your time.

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Sorry for the delay, the movers got here and we had to unpack. The apartment is FILLED with boxes! I'm not totally sure how crazy they get, but in the guidebook even has rules about how the cat should be labelled... I'm REALLY hoping my ZZP bullet-style cat isn't a problem. Here's the link for the basics... there are pages and pages of details beyond this! It's a little crazy. Thanks again guys, let me know when you find one to send!

Virginia State Police - Safety Division

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
yeah it just has to appear to be intact

sounds like its independant inspection stations (privatized) so just make sure it looks like a grimey old stock motor beater

Yep, private inspection stations. I'm a little concerned that the cleanliness under the hood is gonna be my undoing. I certainly DID put the engine cover back on.... so that's something!

Soo.... at the risk of sounding impatient... anybody wanna send me stuff? :noes:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i fucking hate you

i have too much crap

i found two egr valves and two stands and tubes.

good news is both rear manifold connections are cherry and i can even find the oem type bolt somewhere i just bet ya.

bad news is to fit them into the bin i folded over the tube to the LIM so i could cram them both in there :rofl:

the lip is dinged but that can be straightened with a pair of needle nose pliers and ensure a seal with a little rtv.

it also has perfect used patina i normally charge extra for

im gonna guess you dont have the oem bolts for the egr bracket to rear head? what about for the lim or exh connection bolts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info