zzp's turn to shit, can anyone help me out...

snoop

Regular
Oct 15, 2008
zzp has officially gone down the fucking drain. been dealing with them since '98, rebuilt dozens of motors using nothing but them/their parts, and as of lately, they cant seem to handle or have a fuckin clue on my problem as they keep dishing me off and that even IF they answer back, so im turning to you guys that hopefully can. is there anybody here that can delete my rear o2 sensor code? i dont have the hardware or whatever is needed, and since there syms have a piece of shit, i just wanna delete the code all together. i have a 00 grand prix gtp. any help would be great guys, thanks again.

p.s. ive heard of wrapping the sensor with steel wool or something like that, anybody ever try that?

snoop

Regular
Oct 15, 2008
I had a dhp PCM back in the day and it still threw a rear o2 code and still had the speed governor on it even though they said it didn't. Then they claimed they couldn't figure out the issue :rofl:

Mine was also an 00 gtp. Maybe they never fixed it :dunno:

LOL, FUCK!!!! and yeah kj, thats exactly it dude, i got a dhp in there. so theres no way of deleting this code then? anyone ever try the steel wool thing?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
That's so weird the sim isn't working. Get a sim from somewhere else. A rear o2 is a rear o2. My sim worked for 3+yrs, and as far as i know it's still working. Maybe you just had bad luck? IDK. Another option is you could get a spacer that screws into the existing o2 hole and extends the sensor away from the exhaust pipe.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Like this

$T2eC16J,!)sE9swm(yjsBQh()0Mf0Q~~60_35.JPG

Link to it

Google Image Result for http://i.ebayimg.com/t/O2-Spacer-Adapter-Oxygen-Sensor-Extender-02-Bung-Extension-M18-x-1-5-Adaptor-HHO-/00/s/NDczWDUwMA%3D%3D/%24T2eC16J,!)sE9swm(yjsBQh()0Mf0Q~~60_35.JPG

snoop

Regular
Oct 15, 2008
yep yep, thats what i was asking about if anyone else had done that. i heard, to be on the safe side, to use steel wool and boom, never a problem again.

@10sec, i hear ya dude. i told zzp how long i been dealing with them and that my 01 NEVER had a problem at all, ever with it. and now, after i build this thing, this is my 2nd one im on. at least this last one lasted 2-3 years. but the original one i used, it quit in like a week. oh well, such is life i guess

snoop

Regular
Oct 15, 2008
they wont stand by there product, admit theres a problem, and they keep handing me off to different people on top of telling me to email different people to see what they say. this is the 2nd time with the same problem, and they do nothing but give a run around. i dont have headers, just a simple exhaust, nothing custom or drastic...and if you want to get technical, ITS THEIR 3" EXHAUST! im pissed at them, but i think im more dissapointed than anything, ive never know them to be like this and i think thats whats killing me. but none the less fuck'em....anyone know where else to buy a solid motor mount? mine is busted and leaking underneath....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info