Mooooook. update the 3800 quarter mile thread please

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Today I went to the track at a last minuet decision the day before and my car was not really ready to go because it had a FULL tank of gas and no lug nuts for the race car wheel tire setup. I went to Autozone and bought the lug nuts that I needed and some 3/8 clear tubing to siphon my gas. I then test fit the 17" wheels and Hoosier DOT drag radial tires and it cleared my GXP brakes by an 1/8 inch! Then I tried to siphon the gas so I would have a quarter tank and the tubing would not go all the way in to I got a better idea. I removed the fuel pump access panel, slipped the tubing over the feed port on the pump, and jumped the relay to let the pump run draining my gas into a couple 5 gal gas cans. So that way my hillbilly pre track prep. At the track I removed my headlight, sub box, spare tire and jack. That's it. The DRs were already on from the night before. No "real" weight reduction, left the seats in, no cable mod, nothing.

Anyways long story short I ran a 12.2 @ 115.7 on a 1.8 sixty foot, spun tires after the sixty foot mark, and a little belt slip at 41.

Race car GTX ready to go
IMG_0588.jpg

Race car mode
IMG_0589.jpg

And a time slip. car #36
IMG_0590.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info