refresh my memory about fuel pumps

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I am talking about stock, and racetronix fuel pumps for GTPs. I have a 2001 GTP with the plastic tank and I know they changed something with the pump too. I just cant exactly remember.

With that being said when installing a racetronix fuel pump in a 2001 - 2003 GTP you are suppose to use a 1997 - 2000 fuel pump bucket and 2001 - 2003 top half? Correct?

and go.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I am talking about stock, and racetronix fuel pumps for GTPs. I have a 2001 GTP with the plastic tank and I know they changed something with the pump too. I just cant exactly remember.

With that being said when installing a racetronix fuel pump in a 2001 - 2003 GTP you are suppose to use a 1997 - 2000 fuel pump bucket and 2001 - 2003 top half? Correct?

and go.

im 99% sure thats how it goes the bucket has the venturi peice in it that you hook up to the port on the pump so you need the pre 2001 bucket, or you can buy a non venturi pump and just put it in there, if you do get the racetronics pump they are 20 bucks cheaper direct from racetronics

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Thats not what the PRJ site says........

Because PRJ refers to the Racetronix kit which was designed specifically to utilize the venturi which means you need to convert your non-venturi car to a Venturi setup by replacing the canister but the only reason you'd buy a Racetronix kit in the first place is because it used to be the only pump that utilized the venturi properly at all.

You originally bought the Racetronix kit because you had a venturi setup and nobody utilized it properly yet but buying the kit and then adding the hassle of adding the venturi setup seems pretty pointless to me.

So... If you have a 2001 and are running your stock setup right now, you can just purchase the 255lph kit either us or ZZP or Intense (well, I don't know what they sell) sells and plop it right in. No need to convert to the venturi setup. Just accommodate it if it's there. If it's not, skip it and save yourself the $$$$$.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• smug
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list