Spark Plug Question..

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
Firebird 2012 Season Build and Results

When i first installed the kit on my car i changed the plugs to Autolite 103's. Theyve been in there this whole season but i was talking to my buddy nick(NV SS/School Boy) and he said when you have a boosted car and a nitrous car the nitrous car should have colder plugs than a boosted one. So this brings me to my question.. Is there any colder plugs for a 3800 out there than a AL103? or is that the one that everyone uses. Im getting some knock and im running 110 to help get rid of it as much as possible but theres only so much you can do without tuning the car, which id rather not due considering the last track day will be this friday at RSD. So if anyone knows anything that would be awesome!

Last edited:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
So your running 110, and NOS without a tune and want colder plugs to take care of KR?

Did you check the plugs yet, 103s have a tendency to foul if daily driven for more than 5k miles.

The coldest possible plugs (readily avalible) to run in a 3800 are the tr8 race plugs ZZp sells... Good luck not fouling those on a stockish car driving in cool or cold weather.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I'm running nothing special... just some copper AL103s

you are running 110, 103s and supporting mods and are getting KR? haven't touched the tune ever? that is impressive to say the least

Im not going to lie, let alone killing the kr, you would greatly increase the life of your motor, get better gas mileage, and would probably pick up a few tenths on ET and trap higher with a tune

This car is a freak. bone stock motor and it handles nitrous without an issue. Everyone makes fun of me but this is why i love 3800's.

more like, because 3800.

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
no tune what so ever. Cant get a tune even if i wanted to because A. ALL of my o2 sensors dont work because i run 110. B. I had a nitrous backfire along time ago (accidentally hit the button while the car was idling) so i have an intake leak somewhere, and C. I dont have hp tuners nor have anyone who really knows what there doing to do it. Id rather not say my times/what im spraying until after friday. Last time the car will be raced.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
no tune what so ever. Cant get a tune even if i wanted to because A. ALL of my o2 sensors dont work because i run 110. B. I had a nitrous backfire along time ago (accidentally hit the button while the car was idling) so i have an intake leak somewhere, and C. I dont have hp tuners nor have anyone who really knows what there doing to do it. Id rather not say my times/what im spraying until after friday. Last time the car will be raced.

All this and your worried about colder spark plugs :rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info