Trans over drive question

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
if your not over 6.25% throttle it wont reengage the tcc in 4th

I don't know maybe that is not it then, I will be driving along with the cruise set and all of a sudden it will jump from 1900rpm to 2300 rpm once or twice it sounds to me like its poping in and out of od, then it will just stay there the rest of the trip and not go back in

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
a very slight pressure to the brake pedal to turn on the brake lights will kick the trans outta TCC lockup immediatly so you can test if its TCC or an actual 4th gear issue

Ok drove the car to work this morning and tryed that, it is the tcc unlocking that I'm hearing, this morning it worked fine for my 15 mile drive

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
yesterday i hardly made it out of town and it wouldnt lock any more, i parked for an hour and drove 20 miles then it unlocked and wouldnt lock again sometimes i can drive 30 or 40 miles and its fine what are things that cause the converter to not lock up after a while it always works at first but stops at some point durring the drive

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info