Air condition only blows cold air on pass. side

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Out of nowhere today, I noticed that my air condition was just blowing room temp air. I soon noticed that the passenger side was blowing out ice cold air, but the driver side was not. I have the dual climate control HVAC unit (I think thats what is called?). Both were on the coldest level and the max AC setting was on. Anyone know what it may be? My initial though is that the unit was beginning to fail.

If I do need to replace it, do I have to purchase the exact one? Can I fit the digital one in place of it?

Here is a pic of the one I have:
$(KGrHqJ,!jgE7j)fwoFyBO66TrJ+0!~~60_35.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!rkE88hC-PT0BPf2pzheMQ~~60_35.JPG

*edit* Ive done some reading on this topic. Seems to be a common problem. For some reason people keep asking they replaced the battery recently. Im not sure when connection this has, but I did assist a random person in a parking lot a jump. This was two days ago. About the time that I realized this problem. The idiot hit something when it was hooked up to my battery and there was a good second or two that made a good amount of sparks. Whatever it was, it wasnt good and the positive terminal with the jumper cable connected started sparking like mad. I quickly took it off. Everything electrical really seems to be fine, other than this issue... Not sure if this has anything to do with it but damn you try to be a nice person and this happens >:|

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info