3800 Wat?

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I've seen one car run well with it ever, and it was a sponsor car.

Nobody can tune the fucker, or get it to run worth a shit. Too much duration for a roots blower IMO. Sends too much boost right out the exhaust pipe.

Could be a decent spray cam, or for a larger blower with some 1.7 rockers, but overall I hate the cam for M90s

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I've seen one car run well with it ever, and it was a sponsor car.

Nobody can tune the fucker, or get it to run worth a shit. Too much duration for a roots blower IMO. Sends too much boost right out the exhaust pipe.

Could be a decent spray cam, or for a larger blower with some 1.7 rockers, but overall I hate the cam for M90s

Is this a exaggeration?

"This is the cam that can propel a car into the 12s with no mods except a ZZP tune, pulley, and this cam. There are a few people running low 12s with headers, ZZP tune, pulley and either a ported throttlebody or Northstar kit.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
There were 2 Cars on Clubgp that ran 12.3 with the NIC cam, pulley and a tune, this created a huge fuss, so I think ZZP re-released the cam due to all the recent publicity.... but it bleeds a ton of boost, it is designed to, I think it eliminates the boost stacking on the smaller pulleyed cars( It does eliminate a good amount of heat, maybe from the air passing right through the combustion chamber?)

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
They added to the product description.

*This cam has a lot of valve overlap and requires great care in tuning. While it supports smaller pulleys on pump gas than any available cam in our market, it also can be dangerous if not tuned properly. We have had an untuned car with a 3.4" pulley chip a piston running this cam. This cam works excellent on stock or ported heads and was designed for customers who want a very lopey idle and do not plan on intercooling. Wideband tuning is required, because the cams large overlap makes the narrowband voltage inaccurate to tune with.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
archer swapped between like 4 different cams, and there was almost no increase...

I guarantee these low 12 cars they're talking about are exaggerated, probably gutted as balls, etc. These cars don't just do low 12s with like 4 mods...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info