Learn me about aluminum engine cradles

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Even though Zooomer himself told the first guy that was trying a L36 that it wouldnt work. He also said waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day that rockers>cams. :rofl:

I know trying to look though boneyards is rough bidness for aluminum cradles. Most of the ones we saw were cracked.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hummm did not know. Any reason as to why they would have a taller rack mount point?

I had an 04 GTP for about 2 months and I had an issue with the PS rack mounts started making noise .
the rack mounts in the same spot but much more of the aluminum extrusion was sheared off vs the 9c1/late03/04+ subframes.

the extrusion that holds the rack is shaped like a Y
well actually mmore like
l l
Y

you get the point but the Y extrusion has the upper Y legs machined oiff except in the bolt area's early units also machined/cheared off the lower leg of the Y in those area's too.
where as the 9c1/03.5+ units only cheared off the upper arms and the Y's leg is left in place

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
in this pic you can see the Y extrusion where it welds to the subframe, the good one's the two rack mounts are still joined by the lower leg
kevyscleanasfuckenginebay.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info