3800 2004 Comp G, How to remove knock

4drgt

Oct 11, 2008
hey, i hooked up the powrtuner yesterday and i was scaning the car and it said i was getting like 5* of knock stock :werd: i was wondering what everyone thinks would be the best way to remove this knock, i have tuning software, but i still dont feel comfterbal messing with it, i have read guides and it says what to do but they are for 07-03gps just any help please would be good

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
hey, i hooked up the powrtuner yesterday and i was scaning the car and it said i was getting like 5* of knock stock :werd: i was wondering what everyone thinks would be the best way to remove this knock, i have tuning software, but i still dont feel comfterbal messing with it, i have read guides and it says what to do but they are for 07-03gps just any help please would be good

Your best bet would be to get a long scan of street and highway driving mixed with some WOT runs. save them and post them up. You might need fuel or timing changes,no one will know what to suggest if they cant see a full scan. A solid 25 minute run would be a good start

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
bob is spec on....

104 plugs, 180 t-stat, and lowering timing is a good start, however a maf tune would seem to help a bit as well. its running fairly fat, (without a wb02 its hard to say, but 11.0 on my car is 930mv), and it will probably make more power with less fuel. are you using 93 octane at least?

curado

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
I'm actually suspicious of my MAF being the cause of my knock. I already did the 180 stat, plugs, DHP fuel/spark and 3" downpipe. Still getting massive knock.

If I disconnect my MAF will my car proceed to blow itself up, or would this help rule it out as a problem?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info