3800 Some people may find this entertaining

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
The timeline of my 04' Comp G

July 07 - Purchased said car from a dealer and opted for the warranty, $100 dollar deductible. Had 59k miles. Only time was in for work was under warranty for an airbag sensor gone bad.

September 07 - Installed Catless PaceSetters and they leak, still. Bonus was my obnoxiously loud exhaust due to the Magnaflow mufflers QUIETED down dramatically. Sort of a 2 steps forward, one back type of deal.

October 07 - Coolant Elbow breaks randomly. Replaced at work. Under deductible, not worth it to send to dealer.

December 07 - Windshield was hit with a rock, HUGE crater made, HUD windshield needed replacement. End of month the car was sucked into a mound of snow (one side of the car was pushing snow the other on pavement) narrowly missing a poll, and curb, but ripped off front SE Air Dam, and plastic underneath.

January 08 - Slid into a curb, took a 5" chunk out of the "Comp G 10 Spoke" rim lip, BUT rim and tire still held air. Hub bearing was now growling. Installed Bonne GXP rims.

Febuary 08 - Took car in for warranty work, had the hub bearing replaced and LIM work done to the tune of $1500. After work was done, the key would NOT come out of the ignition. I don't have time to deal with this, I let it be.

March 08 - Vacuum line ruptures, unbeknowst to me due to the ELECTRICAL TAPE used to keep it on from the LIM job. Car WILL not run. Car needs to be towed. Can't take the car back in without a cat. Must now remove downpipe, hack up ZZP 3" downpipe w/cat that came on the car, put it back together and have AAA tow it to the dealer. Dealer finds line, replaces, fixes a couple other things. No Charge.

April 08 - Dynoed the car, after just removing the airbox, 1st pull netted 197whp, second 207whp. Fish tries to throw a DHP 1.0 BIN on my STOCK PCM, and the car freaks out. PCM bricked. Had car towed home via AAA for free (essentially), ordered a PCM from W-Body Store installed and all was fine. Check engine light is now on. Front bank O2 sensor heater malfunction. $100 for PCM.

May 08 - Emissions test due. Key begins to start coming out of the ignition again. That problem is gone. Driverside mirror hit while parked on the street.

June 08 - Vehicle now begins to near overheating. Runs way too hot with the 180* thermo and aftermarket PCM. Mention that the A/C never seemed cool enough. Had the system tested, A/C condensor needed replacement. Advised that the O2 Sensor was bad. I declined that. Had cooling fans replaced, one had bad motor. Total $1300.

July 08 - I replaced O2 sensor and no go. I rewire the slightly burnt PaceSetter O2 sensor extender. Nada. I buy another one from ZZP, wrong one. I give up. Had HUD windshield replaced. Shopped around. $400 installed with new seal. Rear ended an asshole because he went into traffic then decided with no one around it would be smart to stop. $500 deductible. $2200 worth of work done. New lower airdam, and front bumper repaired. No major damage. Cosmetics only.

September 08 - Crappy GY Eagle RS-A develops a HUGE knot. Not going to replace a $245 piece of shit with another. Drive on. Try to have PCM flashed to now ignore the Front O2 sensor heater malfunction, and EVAP code. PCM fries. Have car towed by AAA home at 2am. Borrow a PCM from another member. Car fires up within 15 minutes of putting it in. Drive car around for the whole night and next day problem free. Engine light immediately comes on. REAR O2 sensor bad. Makes sense, I put a bum one in there, I think. Day after. I punch it the trans slips when looking for second. First in D is now gone. I used TapShift and make it to work. First is on its way out while using TapShift. I go out with the car, and can use 2nd, has enough torque to not even notice lack of first. By the end of the night 2nd is gone, and I can't get it to move forward anymore. Drive car in REVERSE home 4 blocks. Order a STOCK bin'd PCM from ZZP. $120

Currently - Towed car to dealer for work on a Thursday. Not sure if work will get approved. Monday work gets approved, trans needs to be ordered from Japan.. er, Texas. Trans does not arrive by scheduled day of Friday. Trans arrives on MONDAY (yesterday). Trans installed and car test driven (Today). WRONG TRANS. It's for a GTP but not a COMP G. Wrong gearing, 2.93 (GTP) vs. 3.29 (Comp G). Trans must be sent back. Trans in process or removal. Correct Trans ordered. Trans SUPPOSED to arrive tomorrow. Car SUPPOSED to be done by Thursday or Friday. 3k+ I'm sure.

Car sits at 82-83k, Your thoughts? :rollpicard:

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Sucks Bad!!!! Other than a bad plug and wire a few clicks, ticks, and clunks in the suspension my car has been good. My tranny acts funny once in a while but I push this car hard since day 1. Ive used syn oil since the first oil change, Trans fluid changed at 50k, coolant changed at 50k, and S/C Oil changed twice. I have a feeling that the previous owner just beat your car to death!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That sucks, if you dont like the car, I would trade the car in, if they will give you what you owe on it. Doesn't sound like much was the cars fault, sounds more like bad luck. I was thinking about buying a 04/05, but the ones with super low miles are still kinda costly, I do not want a car payment and don't want to spend my whole savings on a car. I have fixed alot of issues with current car and built it to just about what I want it to be, if that makes sence. I think if I was to buy a newer car (probably another GTP, good daily driver) I would end up fixing the same shit again and modding the same shit all over.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
No help needed, everything is getting taken care of with the car. I found out that I must keep the RADIO fuse out to flash the PCM. I'll get a modified tune in it, pass emissions, beat the piss out of it til the warranty is up and dump it. The car SHOULD be ready on Monday (notice I didnt say I had it, which means that, yes it wasnt ready on Thursday or Friday). I REALLY miss my 97 GS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info