3800 Tool talking shit about Ron Vogel.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I guess using gas readily available is considered a mod now? Fish i refuse to argue with you, however i still don't understand why you consider it a mod. I needed injectors, i needed a tuner, why would i run 93 octane if i have the option of running a way better fuel? Nobody ever says what kind of gas they run in their sig when they post up a pb, but i do. why? I do this because people start asking questions and i can educate them on the "how to" run this stuff. Some or even most of the guys running really good times, and even the ones running shitty times (some not all) use race gas. They just won't ever admit it, and if they do they'll say "I used a splash of 100 octane with 10 gallons of 93... yea.... riiiiight. I honestly think all the haters need to find something else to complain about IMO, because crying about what gas i use, or my power adders is getting old. It's not my fault i've made better decisions with my car than they did, and in doing so spend 1/2 the $

If i had the wallet to run a stage 4 blower, with a stage 2 i/c and all the goodies to go with it, then i would, but i can't. I'm showing people it doesn't take all that b.s. to run low 12's (so far :tear:) I have gotten a lot of interest in my setup because of the difference in money i've spent compared to a lot of other people running my times. Even off the spray i run with cammed, and sometimes i/c'd gtp's, but you guys even hate on that because i use E85 lol. So whatever, i was told there were going to be haters, and there always will be.

Honestly, ron has been one of the biggest reasons i started my E85 stuff, and well, took my gtp to where it is today. He's a tinkering god, some of the stuff he's come up with is just amazing. But there's still people hating on him, because he was smart, and used his talent to make his car way lighter than anyone else's. But of course, that's considered just as much of a cheat as N20 to everyone that can't beat him. Why do they hate? Because their dicisions weren't nearly as good i guess huh? Guess they get more "respect" running full weight, and 93 octane, and stage 4 blowers with full size intercoolers (by far one of the best mods for our cars...) ohhh and don't turbo your car, then you get NO respect at all either. That's an even bigger cheat than me lol, someone explain this to me (in a nice way) because i'm not trying to argue, however i'm extremely confused...? Isn't the whole point of "racing" to go as fast as we can, but spending as little money as possible?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Steve's a tool. I really don't care...

He says his dad's car was at full weight, it was not. They ran race gas...I tried race gas/pump...I didn't see much difference, other than the car was inconsistant.

My race weight was 3300, he makes it sound like the car was at 2800.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Steve's a tool. I really don't care...

He says his dad's car was at full weight, it was not. They ran race gas...I tried race gas/pump...I didn't see much difference, other than the car was inconsistant.

My race weight was 3300, he makes it sound like the car was at 2800.

Mine last time i did it was 3,600 with me in it, it needs a Ron Vogel diet... :dunno:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You are modifying the fuel system to run a fuel with more octane. It is a mod. There is no denying it. I refuse to let it slide.

If E85 gave me 104 octane with my current MPG, Id do it. However, Id lose at least 25% of my fuel economy. Not worth it IMO.

Well that is true, but some of us needed to upgrade the fuel system anyways, how is that any different? Maybe if the car was stock and didn't need a fuel system upgrade, then it would be a "mod" i guess. I would have upgraded even if i didn't use E85, however i decided while i was there i might as well run a bad ass fuel since nobody has tried it yet. I decided to keep it because i love it. I get 16ish mpg's regularly, and about 20 on the hwy. That's after tuning for mpg's, which wasn't hard at all. I didn't lose that much, i was averaging 21/26 now i'm 16/20, not bad for having 104 octane all the time, and 3.29's. That's only 13% from before, but i'm not going to deny that with good tuning i could have pumped out 24/30 easy on 93. It's amazing what a little change to the cruising spark tables do for the mpg's.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
sppicard.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info