đź’¦ Detailing Trailer Restoration

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Many of you know [MENTION=11476]stan5050[/MENTION] and I purchased [MENTION=70]Smokinhot[/MENTION]'s trailer a couple weeks ago. We finally had some time to give her the TLC she needed and deserved.

04 tandem 3500# axles 18' deck with a 2' dovetail.

We're still in the middle of finishing up the trailer, but the progress that was made this past weekend was substantial!

[MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] and I grinded down the entire trailer with angle grinders and abrasive pads Saturday morning/afternoon. The trailer had a very heavy coating of surface rust on it but I'm pleased with how it turned out after the fact.

[MENTION=11476]stan5050[/MENTION] and I laid down the first coat of primer Saturday evening, and a second coat on Sunday. Sunday we also taped off the wheels and I rattle canned them to look good as new!

Last night the three of us got together and gave her the first coat of black as well and she's finally starting to look good again.

Here's some pictures of the progress we've made so far. We already have new fenders ready to go on, and we'll power wash and re-seal the wood deck which will most likely happen in the next couple weeks.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Looks good! I'll be doing the same to my trailer shortly. It shouldn't be that much work because I repainted it and replaced a couple of the boards a few years ago. After sitting in my driveway for so long, a couple more boards started to rot and the paint has faded a bit.

It's amazing how a little time and elbow grease can make it look brand new again. I plan on using some dark grey stain on the deck when I'm finished.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info