FS: 2015 Yamaha YZ250F $3800!!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
That's a damn good price. GLWS.

Coincidentally I sold my YZ250F because kick starting it was a bitch :rofl:

There is a trick to it. You have to find TDC with the kick starter while kicking it slow for a few rounds. That also charges up whatever provides power to the fuel injector too I guess. Then when you find that hard spot, you kick it fast one time.

Now add in exhaustion, a very heavy boot and a bad knee.... Yeah no more.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
But you didn't tint this one?

:s00ls:

I bought two quarts of oil, coolant and a $7 NGK oem plug. Not too bad. Plus Ive washed it twice. and spent hours cleaning every nook on it. Broke it down to the frame and cleaned all the plastics and frame. Its immaculate.

I see either a 2018 YZ250FX or a 2018 KTM 250SX-F coming. Both have electric start and I can add a kick stand to the KTM.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
There is a trick to it. You have to find TDC with the kick starter while kicking it slow for a few rounds. That also charges up whatever provides power to the fuel injector too I guess. Then when you find that hard spot, you kick it fast one time.

Now add in exhaustion, a very heavy boot and a bad knee.... Yeah no more.

Oh i know the tricks, the older bikes with compression release were a godsend. Mine was a 2002 with an 08 piston, milled head, cams, valves, etc... Compression was YES:1 and ran on 110. Something newer, stock, and EFI is probably infinitely better.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh i know the tricks, the older bikes with compression release were a godsend. Mine was a 2002 with an 08 piston, milled head, cams, valves, etc... Compression was YES:1 and ran on 110. Something newer, stock, and EFI is probably infinitely better.

Yeah when its on the stand and Im fresh, I can get it easy. But out on the trail last weekend it was hard. 96* and full gear.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yeah my 250f is a monster. Makes me fell much lighter than I know I am. The bottom end crack you get when squaring off a turn and hammering on it is just amazing. This bike rips too even with my 250lb ass on it. I have to step WAY up my fitness game. Not just weight loss. Im down 46lbs, but man I get tired quick still.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Is this about weight or leg strength or is it just technique? Never kick started anything...

Its technique. It takes alot out of you if you are kicking and kicking it. Its not hard to kick over, but it is when you have a 5lb boot on and you are already exhausted. Add my knee issues and being out of shape. And its harder to feel when the bike is at TDC when you have the boot on. When I have my shoes and Im kicking it in the garage while on the stand, its easy. But supporting the weight of the bike on one leg on uneven ground also makes it harder. Im complaining I know. But it was still a blast to ride when we took them back to the kiddy track and got out of the trails. Then my boy was able to just run laps on that kid track for like 3 hours straight. And I was following him, passing him and cracking it coming out of turns. Man it was fun. And when he gets a bigger bike, it will be easier to run some of those trails. His 50 gets tossed around easy on large rocks and ruts.

Thread Info