GNX at Copart Auctions

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
In IL a licensed rebuilder submits the paperwork for a rebuilt after the repairs if needed are documented and the vehicle passes a DOT inspection. My business partner is a rebuilder and I have done a few cars that way. 2007 and newer they need a SOS State Police Inspection for stolen parts (no joke).

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
hmm.. this one may not be real. Or things have been changed. Tried to zoom in on this picture to see if I could make out a number, but realized that's not the GNX numbered plaque that's supposed to be there. See passenger side of dash, under the Buick logo. Looks to have just the GN logo..not a GNX XXX

29913705_5X.JPG

Supposed to look like this

5797d1110846561-post-pic-your-gnx-dash-number-here-grumpys-gnx-plate.jpg

Normal GN

buick-grand-national-interior.jpg

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Great research. Those cars came out during the time I was really into cars. I remember the GN club and one time a guy with a GNX came out. He told me he had 2 one to drive and one to keep up.

I wonder what is their specific VIN code that can verify which model this is. They are normally good at their descriptions but I remember looking at a Ford King Ranch Super Duty that was listed with a 6.0L diesel but under the hood was a 5.9L Cummins swap lol. A short while ago I saw a 03 Cobra with a single turbo kit (and possibly a TH400 auto) but I can't expect office people to know the specialty cars esp with mods.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
hmm.. this one may not be real. Or things have been changed. Tried to zoom in on this picture to see if I could make out a number, but realized that's not the GNX numbered plaque that's supposed to be there. See passenger side of dash, under the Buick logo. Looks to have just the GN logo..not a GNX XXX

29913705_5X.JPG

Supposed to look like this

5797d1110846561-post-pic-your-gnx-dash-number-here-grumpys-gnx-plate.jpg

Normal GN

buick-grand-national-interior.jpg

I saw this and thought the same. There are a ton of clones out there.

The VIN is, from what I can find, is the sure fire way to tell whether or not it IS a real one. But I don't feel like submitting that VIN to the GNX registry for proof :rofl:

The VIN will tell you and there a tiny GNX stamp on the firewall of any real GNX. Based on the dash I'm guessing it isn't real.

Thread Info