rotax karting interest?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
anyone want to go rotax karting? i've tried this the last couple years but these guys were poor at getting back to me, so i'm going to try harder this year to make something happen. in any case some basics:

dat speed: not sure what a cir gas or k1 electric top out speed wise. i can say similar karts flat out on a straight on an outoodr course will max at like 43. these will go to 50 like it's nothing. you'll definitely go 65 and probably 70+ sitting a couple inches off the ground. 125cc 29hp.

photo-TaG.jpg

dem turns: these this will handle 1.1 1.2 even 1.4g's. you probably don't have the balls to take a turn that fast on one, and i know i don't.

dat course: it would be MRP

SBRP-aerial-web.jpg

location: north liberty, in. 2h15m from gurnee. 1h40m from joliet or chicago loop. met up with peoria buddies last time and we had a hotel the night before. we also went on a morning with race classes, not sure that would be the same this time.

when: not sure, a sat or sun and one where sickmint79 is not doing a track day.

how many people: not sure yet, 4-8?

price: can go down with more people, we paid ~$300 pp iirc last time. iirc we did 4 15m sessions. yah it ain't cheap. you aren't exactly able to scoot a 70 mph kart around a race course with your friends just anywhere though are you?

rain: i think we can just cancel/reschedule in the event things look like they'll be wet.

gear: i'm sure helmets are available if you don't have one. last time we used their race suits and rib protectors.

reached out to MRP to get some more info. LMK if serious interest in scooting around.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
For $300 I can scoot around AB Full in my own car for 8 30min sessions and so can you. :h5:

You should try a K1 speed meet, might get more interest. :dunno:

and i will, another weekend :)

Are these shifter karts?

no. they may actually have these, although probably less. maybe it could be an option? i think they have the class dd2 which is still the same engine and the way they are geared the speed doesn't change much? iirc they had that class when we ran, and it was about the same speed as the regular rotax dudes. i think regular rotax was faster / probably just had the more competitive drivers.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
so i chat with them to see if shifter was an option, not available.

advanced deposit required.

was told they run in rain, but if it was a few days out and looked like rain we could reschedule.

price is $400/person or if you have 5 or more people, $300/person. up to 13 available.

track time sounds like a lot more than i did - basically sounded like track rental and as much as we wanted to run. "up to 4 hours of time at the track. 15 on , 15 off and drive as much as you like" which would potentially amount to up to 120 minutes of butt in seat track time, which would be a lot of kart time let alone rotax kart time.

What's weight limit?

good question i will ask that one too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info