dirtfish

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
well this was some fun shit. i'll have to make vids later and do more of a review. although gopro 1440 mode is not really 1440p, at least not the well used one, it's a weird 4:3 so my shit is all boxy so i have to fuck with it more than normal.

i think i asked all my instructors the same thing... they said the stis were faster and way easier to drive. they all said the brzs are more challenging and rewarding to drive right and are more fun.

i had a karting class scheduled at sima raceway near the canadian border, it has regular karts and some that go to 80 (i assume rotax) - unfortunately it got rained out though. i'll make sure to time doing it if i visit dirtfish again, which i would really like to do! the grounds here are actually super cool, very large old wood buildings and a cool old powerplant. twin peaks was also shot at the facility.

1 inch thick sidewall
IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

DSC04450.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

GOPR2421.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

GOPR2469.JPG

DSC04490.JPG

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
always wanted to do this. how much was it?

there are partial to 3 day programs. i did the 2. the burn rate is pretty pricey - around 1k a day. there was a black friday 30% off thing recently, i imagine you can get in contact with them and work something out, especially if you do more than one day. it was really fun.

the wrx's are faster, the frs/brz's everyone said is more fun/more skill though. i'm sure you will have a blast in either, both are priced the same. not too far out of seattle going north is a big karting place, they have a kart school there as well. near seattle there's karting by the boeing factory, which is a super cool tour, and there is a cool pinball museum/arcade thing in chinatown.

there are partial to 3 day programs. i did the 2. the burn rate is pretty pricey - around 1k a day. there was a black friday 30% off thing recently, i imagine you can get in contact with them and work something out, especially if you do more than one day. it was really fun.

the wrx's are faster, the frs/brz's everyone said is more fun/more skill though. i'm sure you will have a blast in either, both are priced the same. not too far out of seattle going north is a big karting place, they have a kart school there as well. near seattle there's karting by the boeing factory, which is a super cool tour, and there is a cool pinball museum/arcade thing in chinatown.

guess ill start saving then lol

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
yeah it's not cheap at all. you can get a taste with a groupon, assuming they still do those occasionally, it's a pretty partial thing i think though.

our days were new skill drills, connecting them on course, more new skill drills, connections, etc.

all cars are stick. you do left foot braking but it doesn't really mess you up considering you are basically in the same gear the whole time, so your brain doesn't get too tripped up with the brake/clutch thing.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i have that on my list.

i'll probably be adding more kart tracks as i encounter them, and some of these things i have done just not made articles.

Bucket List |

dirtfish is among the most expensive, like driving a formula 3000 on an f1 track is the 2nd most expensive thing i did. on one hand it was a ton cheaper experience (but still pricey) on the other hand butt in seat time dirtfish wins.

i found some place in spain that i believe you pretty much pay mostly for tires, and can just teach yourself how to drift in their car. trying to make my blog a spot for car destination trips, although i need to get out there and do a lot more, which i plan on starting in january. i just bought some parts that i think will stabilize my gimbal so i can make kart videos a lot smoother.

example of a helmet mounted gimbal in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBi5LQ5zv9M

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
the spanish drift place sounds real cheap. actually a lot of the stuff outside the US is fairly cheap. some because there is less safety and other shit though.

i went to a track day with a brz guy i met on facebook in cape town - track 30 min just outside of the city, if that. they were complaining since the price went up to $43... from $35 last year!

i got my buddy a ticket over since christmas day etihad fucked up loading their flights (post on this board) and it was super cheap. he is a big guy though so did not jump into the formula car. we didn't find out until later they had a larger one for 'merican sized bodies. i'm not sure how much bigger though. they wanted the money days before we went but said no refunds, also didn't mention the bigger car, so he didn't go. not sure how large they would accommodate. they also have radicals and a aston martin gt4 car to take on track as well though.

i would say there is nowhere in the world you can do more cool car stuff than abu dhabi.

Driving a Formula YAS 3000 at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi |

DSC04378.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MK_wQr3Msw

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
fyi driving a formula 1 is expensive as fuck. the reason it is not on my bucket list is i couldn't find anywhere to do it affordably. i believe it's generally about the same amount of time as the above experience, although usually on much smaller tracks, and i am pretty sure the bare minimum price is at least twice as much. it easily gets into multi thousands for a rather short ride.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info