Tired of fighting with warranty and dealer

Yellow_SVT01

Jan 7, 2008
Well, it seems that our Cobra's engines are suppose to knock. My engine started knocking the other week from the passenger side of the motor. I took it to the dealer since I have a aftermarket warranty on it and the manager is trying to tell me that it is normal for our motors to knock. He told me that he has seen alot of these motors knock and it is normal. I replied just because you have seen these motors knock does not mean they are suppose to knock, no motor is SUPPOSE to knock.

The manager is trying to scare me into not fixing the car by telling me that ford has a TSB about using non oem oil filters causing these types of problems, I use a mobile one filter or a k & n filter with mobile 1 synthetic. He told me that the warranty will deny the claim because ford put out the tsb, which I thought to be illegal. According to the magnesson-moss act of 1975 they cannot deny a claim because non oem parts were used.

Any one have any suggestions or advice because the manager said if they pull it all apart and the warranty company will not pay it is going to cost me thousands of dollars. Thanks all

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
The manager is trying to scare me into not fixing the car by telling me that ford has a TSB about using non oem oil filters causing these types of problems

I actually had the "oil filter" noise before. It's real and was solved by putting on a Motorcraft FL-820S.

But the guy is full of shit because the oil filter noise is more of a tapping, not a knock. It's an obvious sound and right away I knew it was the oil filter.

SVTLSC

Factory Freak
Oct 29, 2006
Some extended waranties can be taken to independent shops. What does the tab say? I am not very firmilliar with these cars but know that if there is a tsb and the car is experiencing that problem while under warranty they need to repair as per the bulletin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info