F*ck you Nextel/Sprint..

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
+1,000,000

Nextel/Sprint sucks big donkey nutz!!! I get the same shit! And the customer service sucks too!!!

True story,

The gf and I took a flight down to Mytle Beach. The plane took off and we had to be at least 15,000 feet, when her Verizon phone rang and it was her mom! I thought, shit!! I better turn off my Nextel before I get in trouble, they had already requested that you do that. I look down at the nextel and "NO SERVICE" and her Verizon had recieved a call...:dunno:

Nextel will get kicked to the curb the next go round!

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
I haven't had any issues with Verizon but I use 3 minutes a month usually.

We have Nextel at work and it's horrendous especially for voicemail. The longest I received a delayed message was three months. Out maintenance guy left me a VM in November and it showed up in january. I'm not kidding either.

D

dgussin1

verizon owns!

I've had cingular, at&t (before the merge) and aircellular (gone), and none of them stack up to the quality of verizon...although cingular was the best about "breaking" your phone; you'd just walk into the store and they'd hand you a new one. Verizon takes a day and ships it to you.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I've had Sprint for years. They've gotten a little pricey, even with my corporate discount, but the service in the city is kick ass. I get service absolutely everywhere. The PTT work phone I had with Cingular had no signal more than it had a signal.

I also really believe the cell phone has a lot to do with your service. I've had good phones and bad phones. I couldn't find a good one with Cingular. My current Sprint I would never trade.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
I also really believe the cell phone has a lot to do with your service.

Being an engineer for the company that makes the phones and networks Sprint/Nextel uses I can say this is false. Nextel has poor coverage only because they have fewer cell sites than the other networks. Both Verizon and Sprint/Nextel buy their phones/networks from where I work and one network has twice as many cell sites as the other. If you happen to do all your talking/texting/PDT close to a cell site you'll have awesome service. If you're far or there's a building or mountain in the way service will suck. It has very little to do with the phone itself.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Just got done @ verizon. Picked up this phone and a contract.

vzw-orange-official.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Being an engineer for the company that makes the phones and networks Sprint/Nextel uses I can say this is false. Nextel has poor coverage only because they have fewer cell sites than the other networks. Both Verizon and Sprint/Nextel buy their phones/networks from where I work and one network has twice as many cell sites as the other. If you happen to do all your talking/texting/PDT close to a cell site you'll have awesome service. If you're far or there's a building or mountain in the way service will suck. It has very little to do with the phone itself.

+1. Every time I talked with a Nextel/Sprint customer rep and they asked if there was anything else they can do for me I yelled into the phone "BUILD MORE TOWERS!"

Mikey, great looking phone. Sorry I haven't called you back yet. I just discovered your voice mail. I am Treo impaired.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004

I'll take the Pepsi challenge. I went from a cell phone that got NO service at at least 2 bars I frequent, with a change of the phone only, to getting FULL service. I was amazed. You can't tell me that antenna design doesn't play a substantial role in signal reception. One word - Razor. Nuff said.

And all you others, don't be lumping Sprint and Nextel together. They are still separate networks, separate towers. Nextel sucks on service, I'll agree. Sprint did too for a while when their subscriber base grew, but as they added towers, problems disappeared. I'll take on anyone who challenges Spring service in Lincoln Park and Lakeview/Wrigleyview. Hell, I was out on a boat 10 miles offshore and still got service.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info