Too many cats...

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
My girlfriend works at Anderson Animal Shelter in South Elgin and asked me to put the word out there in an effort to help the shelter. Tons of new kittens keep coming in - Capacity should be about 125, but they currently have about 320 Kittens & Cats in the building that need to be adopted!
Because of that the shelter is having a sale through 7/31:
Kittens & Cats under 6 years old $100
Cats over 6 years old $40
All kittens & cats are also buy one, get one 1/2 off
Pretty good deal as those prices will include:
Spay/Neuter, microchip, vaccines & a collar.

Ask for Madaya

Anderson is a not for profit No Kill shelter 847-697-2880
Pictures of many of the animals are up on their web site www.andersonanimalshelter.org
Donations of pet supplies and $'s are always welcome

They also have a good selection of dogs looking for homes too ;)

oldmodman

Vehicular Antique
Feb 15, 2005
$100.00!!!

No wonder they have so many cats.

At the local city animal shelter (Los Angeles) you pick the cat that you want, pay your 12 dollars and get a certificate good for spay or neuter. If it was any more than 12 bucks the gas chamber would be running twenty four hours a day.

And just up the street from me there is free spay or neuter clinic. They will loan you a trap to catch feral cats and they will fix them, give them all their shots and give them back to you to release.

No fertile cats are ever sent back put into the public.

Maybe people are just cheapskates here on the coast :D

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Mar 20, 2006
i have never paid for any of my cats. why would anyone pay 100.00 for a cat when you can get one for free. :dunno: mabe 50.00, i can see that but shit 100 for a cat.thats just me, but they gotta make money i guess. i have been there to see for myself, and there is alot of cats.its kinda sad. :(

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
I hear ya, but - they are not for profit and "those prices will include: Spay/Neuter, microchip, vaccines & a collar." Go to a vet and see how much that would cost.

People are coming in and adopting so price isn't the big deal...just not enough people coming in. I don't think they have a good way of getting the word out. I figured it wouldn't hurt to hit some of the boards out there, a lot of families read these things. And for the Cat haters, plenty of nice dogs that need homes too :biggthump

They try and turn people away with animals, but a lot will just leave them or worse. Was there one afternoon and this azzhole comes in dragging a beautiful GermanShepard - was told that they have no space for the dog, but to call back. About ten minutes later someone comes in and tells us there is a dog tied up outside :mad: Some people belong in the cages!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Mystic544 said:
I hear ya, but - they are not for profit and "those prices will include: Spay/Neuter, microchip, vaccines & a collar." Go to a vet and see how much that would cost.
Yeah to get my puppy fixed will be over $300.
(I have to wait til next month with all the unexpected BS this month)

vaccines (each series is $66. +) (3 series of vaccines needed over 2-3 months)
to be taken care of for the first year (then just an annual booster shot + rabies)

So yeah while this sounds like a big price, you are getting an animal that is
(healthy) fixed and only have to worry about food :biggthump

Plus shelters need help with care for ALL of the pets, feeding etc.
staff to answer phones, so while it sounds bad to everyone, it is for a good cause.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info