200x Corvette Stingray!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Car news briefs
Corvette Blue Devil project reportedly now called Sting Ray; team effort for Dodge Hornet

AutoWeek | Published 06/07/06, 9:18 am et

Maybe this is why the folks at General Motors can slyly smile and plausibly deny a super-powered Corvette Blue Devil is in the works. We hear Blue Devil (allegedly chosen to get the attention of GM CEO and Duke grad Rick Wagoner) is no longer the working name of the car but has been replaced by the more Corvette-centric Sting Ray moniker. Production of the $100,000 Blue, er, Sting Ray, with a supercharged 7.0-liter 600-hp V8 under its carbon fiber hood, could come as early as 2007.

6050701.001.1L.jpg

6050701.001.Mini1L.jpg

6050701.001.Mini3L.jpg

6050701.001.Mini4L.jpg

suzukiracer1604

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2006
i would take the Lingenfelter C6 Z06 over that.....725 Horsepower 427 CID Intercooled Twin Turbo...Or even just the Lingenfelter C6 vette

112_0606_sfmile_09z+2005_chevrolet_corvette+strike_force_standing_mile_behind_the_scenes_smokey_burnout.jpg

^^THIS PICTURES SHOWS HOW MUCH POWER THESE LINGENFELTERS ARE MAKING! SMOKING THE TIRES IN THE TOP OF 3RD GEAR....THEY HAD A GPS SET UP THAT SHOWED IT SMOKING THE TIRES PAST 125MPH! THAT IS INSANE!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c6_427.htm

8717.jpg

8722.jpg

8723.jpg

GO BUY ONE OF THESENOW! http://www.lingenfelter.com/class_lists.htm
HAHA

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I got almost 600HP....590 anyway. Screw that vette even if it is ssssoooo fine, it's still a vette and everyone hates you for having it.

You want a change in friends??? Just buy a new Vette and go show everybody....you won't hear from them again. I speak from fact, those people don't even know I have a Cobra, what I've been up to or nothing.

We hate it when our friends become successful. Wasn't that a song? So true, so true. Big houses do the same thing I hear.

If I could have a Super charged Vette or a Lingenfelter Vette.....I'd own one, and orange one to boot!

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Actually, the rumor is that it will be called Corvette SS, not Stingray so that it follows the rest of the line up with SS as the top model (although Stingray has more meaning behind it for the Vette).

And this will NOT be a Z06 with a blower. This is a completely different car. Mostly carbon fiber and composite chassis and body. Big (huge) brakes, etc. I forget exactly how much they asy the thing will most likely weigh, but it's considerably less than the C6 Z06

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Aron said:
Actually, the rumor is that it will be called Corvette SS, not Stingray so that it follows the rest of the line up with SS as the top model (although Stingray has more meaning behind it for the Vette).

And this will NOT be a Z06 with a blower. This is a completely different car. Mostly carbon fiber and composite chassis and body. Big (huge) brakes, etc. I forget exactly how much they asy the thing will most likely weigh, but it's considerably less than the C6 Z06
So it's gonna weigh less and have MORE power...I just don't get it. The only saving grace is that the chances of seeing a "Sting Ray Vette" is about the same as a Ford GT...VERY slim. All I gotta do is figure out a way to stop a standard C6 Z06....oh boy, my wallet hurts.

-Mike

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
SonicBlur said:
So it's gonna weigh less and have MORE power...I just don't get it. The only saving grace is that the chances of seeing a "Sting Ray Vette" is about the same as a Ford GT...VERY slim. All I gotta do is figure out a way to stop a standard C6 Z06....oh boy, my wallet hurts.

-Mike

i think they will make this car.. and i think it will sell [obviously to those who can afford it]..

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
SonicBlur said:

-Mike

Wallet, how about credit and the plastic.... :D

rlbforum

Apr 8, 2006
Since 1964 said:
I got almost 600HP....590 anyway. Screw that vette even if it is ssssoooo fine, it's still a vette and everyone hates you for having it.

You want a change in friends??? Just buy a new Vette and go show everybody....you won't hear from them again. I speak from fact, those people don't even know I have a Cobra, what I've been up to or nothing.

We hate it when our friends become successful. Wasn't that a song? So true, so true. Big houses do the same thing I hear.

If I could have a Super charged Vette or a Lingenfelter Vette.....I'd own one, and orange one to boot!
Agreed about vette group vs this mustang groups. Brother bought a sweet C5 ragtop but seems jelous about all the mustangs in our group. we keep trying to talk him in to a Red Anniversary, just so we can have each color represented. Another fact is we do a lot more mods. Cheaper for mustangs than vettes. Just cause it is for a vette they seem to charge more????? don't get it.

other plus for mustang..... cruising with family and hammering on gears while your 4 year old in back has a grin ear to ear in his car seat. Can't do that in vette.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info