Firestone messed up my rims!!!!!!!

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
Alright heres the deal, I picked up a set of 01 polished SVT rims for a good deal and waited a lil while to get them put on. I had them mounted and balanced today at Firestone on golf road near woodfield and they're idiots. They used a balancing machine that had one shaft that went through the center of the tire with another big metal piece that screwed on the other side to hold it on (instead of attaching it by lug nuts). So he does allll 4 rims right after i waxed, polished, and finished them all earlier that day. I look at the rims before they're even on the car at the garage and there is dark, heavy scratches in a circle from the guy clamping the wheel balancing machine quickly and ignorantly. The assistant manager tried buffing them out but had no luck, so he put them on the car and STILL charged me 67 bucks to mount and balance them. All 4 rims have the scratches too not just one. They are not very noticable on the car, but they are definitly there and unfixable, and they are all i can see when i look at them (mayb cuz im crazy about that stuff). All the assistant manager did was write "customer states the rims were scratched" on the store copy invoice and tell me to come back tommorow while the store manager is there. What should i do? I think i'm going to demand a new set of rims or AT LEAST have them pay for them to be refinished (even though i dont know what i'll do without rims for 2 weeks) and if they are cooperative i wont ask for my money back (even though my set were not exactly new condition). Ill try and post pics later.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
I had this happen a year and a half ago. A goodyear dealer fucked up one of my deep dish bullitts and I demanded they have it fixed. I took it to a custom wheel shop and they fixed it in a day, mounted both 315s, rebalanced the front tires/rims because goodyear didnt have them balanced, gave me some chrome goodies, charged Goodyear the entire amount ($200), and wrote a letter for me so I could go get my $20 back for goodyear not balancing the front tires/rims.

DVSMIKE

May 15, 2006
Make them pay up! I recently had my 18 x 10 wheels damaged while mounting @ the local NTB. They of course said I brought them in like that which was b.s. because they were new in the box and I inspected them prior to mounting. The guy that mounted them finally fessed up and said he had a problem mounting them because of the deep lip and they paid for replacement wheels and gave me coupons for 4 free oil changes as well.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
I had the same issue with NTB. They actually did fine when using the air gun, but when torquing them down by hand, he scratched the powder coat on both rear rims. I brought them in brand new. So i did not have any problems. The manager was very nice, and took care of it right away. And for that, I allowed him to buy them at my cost directly from falken.

But my rims came in new. You wont have a case, and shouldnt, if you dont show the manager that your used rims were in pristine condition before the install by them. It only takes a minute to ask him to look them over before the install.

:)

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Damn that sucks, you should have done what I did, when I got my chrome Saleen's I went to Discount tire and before I had the tires installed I asked to speak to the manager, I showed him all four rims and that they are in perfect condition and said I want them to look like that when I get them back :ar: . But If I were you I would demand a new set of rims. :foshizzle

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
My local motorcycle dealer was putting a new tire on my rear rim and scratched my rim all the way around the edge trying to pry the tire on. I stood there and made them roll a brandnew motorcycle from the showroom and switch it out for mine or I would call the cops. I watched the tech scratch them though, so I was a witness. If I didnt see it, they would have blamed it on me that it was like that. I ALWAYS watch anyone that is working on my car or bike, because they have no respect for your shit like you do. Good for you getting them to fix it. If they denied it and blamed it on you, I'd go over there with you and beat all of them senseless!!!

:argue:

Snowman

Large Member
Jul 20, 2005
I had a tire shop a few years ago put some brand new tires on the brand new American racing rims for the Camaro. I looked at the balance job the guy did and was shocked to see weights almost 1/3 of the way around the rim. I said WTF he said the rim was out of balance. I said pull the tire and weights off and just try the rim. The rim was almost perfect. He put the tire on and the damn thing was way off again. I said I wanted a new tire I said I wasnt going to pay for that tire and after a lot of bad noise I finally got my way and they put another new tire on. What a Jackoff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info