500 Hp!

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
hj16 said:
And thats a bad thing?

Just a random observation. May be an indication of the cars ability to hold some value. Obviously that's a freak amount, but there is a lot of buzz about the car. I think people are a bit premature to judge the car because of it's portly weight. It would be a lot more impressive if it was light like a vette. The 03/04 are quite heavy also.

Actually with the new Mustang I would be surprised if it doesn't out handle the 03 / 04 in the twisties with a lower / wider profile even if it actually does have a different weight distribution. If it had the extra weight of an IRS it would be a more even distribution but even heavier.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
blubyu said:
...and the "Fastest" Color :cool: :p

cov-0501-500a.jpg

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
yeah ok you keep your glorified '77 fairmount. the new car is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the previous platform and its only getting better.
I will. If I wanted something that kicked ass on the open track I wouldnt have gotten my 03. I got it for what it is... a platform to make big power while still being streetable.

Snowman

Large Member
Jul 20, 2005
After Shelby put his name on a K-Car I cant see paying for that name no matter what the price. If shelby was still an active race team it would be different. Like roush or saleen. Yeah Carroll did this and that way back before I was born but that really doesn't mean much today only to aging baby boomers. Once their done buying these cars the prices will settle down. How would you like to be the guy who paid 600,000 for a first year early model and have to get it towed back to the dealer because of some unforeseen glitch in the car? In front of all your freinds at the tennis club-

Snowman said:
After Shelby put his name on a K-Car I cant see paying for that name no matter what the price. If shelby was still an active race team it would be different. Like roush or saleen. Yeah Carroll did this and that way back before I was born but that really doesn't mean much today only to aging baby boomers. Once their done buying these cars the prices will settle down. How would you like to be the guy who paid 600,000 for a first year early model and have to get it towed back to the dealer because of some unforeseen glitch in the car? In front of all your freinds at the tennis club-

The 07 Shelby is unlike none of the current Cobra's as far as holding value.....Carol Shelby is a Mustang God and Legend....with the recent actions of Ford Motor Co. retroing the Mustang GT it was only RIGHT that they had Mr. Shelby put his name on one last Cobra before he left this world because Carol Shelby is now in his 80's and it is my opinion that the people at Ford Motor Co. where brilliant to have him put his name on a Cobra because its guaranteed a sale's success....I can't wait til we get ours at the Dealership :D

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
500HP....Why Heck...I got that at the wheels!

I have to go with "ShelbyGuy" on this one. The "NEW" Mustang is a manufacturer's cup winner for pete's sake. You don't get better than that.

The new GT 500 is going to be hard for me to pass up. Like what color, Oh such headaches, I am just greatfull I have my 03 to handle the hunt with.

That orange...Oh man Susie's right.

I think Vista Blue with Satin Stripes is still my Fav though, or is it White with Blue Stripes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info