Meadowdale Raceway Needs Our Help - NOW

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Copied From a Thread on SHOCAGO.com

Medowdale Raceway in IL needs Help!

Hi Guys, I hope its ok that I made a new thread for this.
It looks like many of you have been to the Track and Know How cool it is to Be saved and preserved, if you haven't been there with-in the last year, There has been some Nice Changes, many people have helped to clean up the Track and The Huntly Road Entrence for parking is very Nice, You should Have another Meet there soon!
I can post some recent Pics if you like.

Me and my Friends from the Chicago Shelby/Turbo Dodge Club (Sdac) and the Chicagoland Mopar Connection Club are asking for your help, Even if you arn't familer with this Old Historic Medowdale Raceway in Dundee IL, Please take a minute to Read and Help.

There has been word that they are looking to demolish the Pure Oil silo that has stood sentinel at Meadowdale International Raceway for over fifty years. It is the old track's major landmark, visible to all who pass by on Illinois Route 31, (Down the road from Spring Hill Mall in Dundee IL).

AND THE WORK IS SCHEDULED TO BE DONE WITHIN TEN DAYS! Please contact the Kane County Forest Preserve immediately and express the opinion that the silo should be saved, and that to demolish it will destroy a major landmark of a tourist attraction that is just beginning to be appreciated.

Kane County Forest Preserve
Attn: Monica A. Meyers, Executive Director
719 S. Batavia Ave.
Geneva, IL 60134
Phone: 630-232-5981
Fax: 630-232-5924
e-mail: [email protected]

If everybody would E-mail or call, Attn: Monica Meyers with the forest Preserve. Maybe we could make a difference.

WE need as many people as possible to help Voice and be in favor of saving and restoring the silo, So the bottom line is, get as many people as you can to contact them via email, phone, etc....... we need to flood that office with public concern over saving that silo!!!!

You can go to the Main Medowdale Raceway website to learn all about its history.

http://www.meadowdaleraceway.homestead.com/

Click On arial View and zoom out or in a little,
You will see Whats Left of the Historical Race Track!!

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.42.114703_-88.305149_Medowdale Raceway_

For anyone In the Area, I would like to give any one a Tour of the Track, so you can see the Value of this Landmark in person. Anyone can walk the remains of the track. There are 2 areas for parking, One off of Huntly Road and the other, next to the Silo off of Rt. 31.
If you are interested or have any questions about Medowdale Raceway. Please E-mail me [email protected]

This Racetrack and its related surroundings is a Landmark, and it should be Saved and Preserved. Some of you might remember this Track as a Kid or have had parents, friends, Etc, who are into racing and talked about this great Road Corse. Anyone who learns about this Raceway becomes a fan.

If you can just take a Min out of your day to send an e-mail to the Forest preserve asking to save the Silo, that would be great!

Thanks Guys for your time.
MoparMarc

[Edited on 4-6-2006 by moparmarc]

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
cobraj said:
Thats a gravel parking lot. My black car doesnt like gravel parking lots. That is a cool place though. My dad has told me stories about going there when he was younger.

youre worried about a gravel parking lot? My car was bought from somewhere in the boondocks of indiana with lots and lots of gravel roads. Front end chipped to hell. Thankfully it got repainted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info