Does any local police station do a vin check?

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
Selling my car to a Indiana resident and they will not process the loan without a vin check. I called east chicago and some other Indiana city and they both said they will not do since Im the seller and not the buyer and I dont live in indiana.

Skokie police will not sign any paper at all. WTF are we to do, no cop want to sign any papers with the vin and odo reading to process the loan.

any ideas or suggestions? are there any cops on here who can sign an piece of paper or know of any cops that can sign it?

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
sinnful_46534 said:
Awesome man you got the car. Congrats

Its not official yet, were getting the runaround with the fucking bank/police department. Bank says police department has to check the vin and odometer out before they will issue the loan. The police department says that they will not check the vin number or odometer. This is freaking pissing me off!!!! :mad: :mad:

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
TaintedSnake01 said:
Anyone?? Anyone?? Bueller?? Bueller?? Please help guys I really want this car. Susie, if you get this can you call your friend the Merrillville Cop with the Camaro and ask him what we should do?? I dont know if you have his number or not. But worth a shot. Thanks

Would a CARFAX report be acceptable? :dunno:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I would suggest to the bank that if they are sooooooooooooo concerned about all of these numbers that they do the inspection themselves. You could present the car to them for the inspection.
If they don't want to do it, find another bank. There are thousands of banks willing to loan money.

I have never heard of anything like this before.

Dana

fireball168

Regular
Sep 17, 2005
If you're this close to selling it, why don't you meet the seller somewhere over here(Indiana) at a police station. You've got the buyer and the seller, and providing that they are either in a good mood, or your a resident of the town....what are they going to say???

I've walked into my town's police station(St. John), the dispatcher takes the VIN and runs it on the "nationwide" whatever computer system, then an officer comes out and checks the VIN tag. They fill out the paperwork for the BMW, then get your drivers license and fill out the form.

I suppose you could "pretend" you were buying it, as they don't ask for a purchase agreement....

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
I just drove up to whiting and had the branch manager come out and verify the vin and odometer reading. She wrote a letter to the other branch and signed it. Hopefully that will be enough, she also made a copy of the title. She was also confused why they wanted police to verify it. She said that a copy of the title is good enough. She was really cool and liked the car she had a 1980 mustang back in the day. She said if that other branch gives you more shit call her

Olga Cantu
219-659-0043

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info