Black Pontiac Firebird owner in Round Lake area???

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Hey anyone from the round lake area know who owns the black firebird that I seen around town on occassion? I cannot recall any further details besides the dual exit rear bumper that only has a single pipe exiting on the drivers side. Kind of curious what that could mean??? ;) Anyways......I was the guy in the LS playing with them a little bit the last few nights both on Rollins and on Hwy 12. I know this is primarily an SVT/Ford site but I just wanted to see if anyone on here from my area knows who I am talking about. Be nice to meet up sometime and see if there is something under the hood causing that dual exit rear bumper to only have one pipe sticking out. :biggthump

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Aron said:
The V6 cars have only one pipe, even though they have dual cutouts in the bumper.

Thats gay! No wonder the guy didn't want to play around. Hehe. And here I thought it was because he had a sleeper turbo sytem in there with the single pipe out the back. lol. Leave it to me to overestimate someone. :laughing2 I must admit that I didn't roll my windows down (too damn cold!) to see if I could hear a V8 rumble or a turbo whistle. Oh well, maybe I will find someone to have a little fun with another day. Thanks for the replies guys.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
donkeypunchr said:
correction, there was one year where the exhaust only exited out of one side and it was an option for both or something, I've seen quite a few of them though. z28s and trans ams alike

It was only for a year, and only the SSs and Trans Ams. I believe it was the first year the SS came back (96 LT1 cars) and GM was doing the "conversions" themselves. The next year, they contracted SLP to do the conversions, and they went back to a dual exit exhaust.

That's why I asked if the exhaust tip was straight or bent. If it was bent, it's a V6; if it's straight, it's either aftermarket (Spintech) or the one year it was factory. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info