Ahhhhh!!!!! Liberals!!!!!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
HOLY CRAP.

Went to my first class of INVS today..... heres the basic course description.....

Course Description

By integrating theory with required community service, students explore how problems are shaped by cultural values and how alternative value paradigms affect the definition of problems. Students examine different approaches to solving problems and begin to envision new possibilities.

Okay, me and my buddy took this because its a 4cr class that meets only once a week and heard that its not that bad....

:ranton:

I walk in (10minutes late) and the entire class is in a kumbyya hippie love circle. I look over to find my buddy laughing at my disamazment of the situation. Anyways, I thought it was maybe the teacher.... because looking arounf there was maybe only 2-3 people that screamed liberal tree hugging anti human rights hippie. So I think it wont be that bad... hey there are even a couple dirty bastard red necks... sweet. Anyways, class goes on and the teacher has a activity for us to help get to know each other. The class lists off what they are (ie: student, grandson, skier, follower, red sox fan, democrat... to which I loudly followed with republican, christian, jew, boyfriend, girlfriend, and so on.....

Anyways, the room is seperated into 3 lanes, the teacher calls off two of the words listed and you can go to either side you feel is more important/applicable to you, or go in the middle if you are uncertain or dont apply.

She calls of a bunch, then when we are almost done says "Democrats and Republicans"......... out of the 32 people in the class, 29 of them went to the democrat side, only me, my buddy, and another guy were on the Republican side. WTF, damn liberal pussies..... these same people saw themselves as: dreamers, followers, consumers, activists and atheists... it fails to make any sense. And they all look over like we have a third arm hanging off the side of our faces, like we are some slack jawed yokels........ to which I gladly announce to the class ,as the liberals giggled amongst themselves, "Its alright, we won :cool1: " The two republicans laugh while the rest grow silent.

Anyways, this really has no point other than I dislike Liberal melodramatic rich hippie yuppies who have no difinitive point to stand by other than what Micheal Moore told them to think :rolleyes:

So I declare today at this very moment (and once a couple hours ago) to make every paper and in class response as anti-liberal, anti-hippie, and to in general to display a tastless sense of brutal honesty :biggthump

:rantoff:

Well that was unnecessary... oh well

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I hate Hippies but, they know where all the good Ganja is so I have to put up with them. Plus they smell.

I took a course like that were we spent 3 days a week on a trip backpacking, biking, rock climbing, canoeing, Trust/teambuilding camps and all that fun nature stuff for a whole semester building up to a big trip out West. I stuck out like a Mullet at Metrosexual bar. They never understood me and my 1993 carbbed 306 Mustang GT with 4:10's and a roll cage doing a burnout after each class session to try to be cool. I had a good time and at the end of the semester we spent 7 days in the back coutry of Sante Fee NM with just our packs and climbed to 9 or 10k feet of Mount Baldy. Then did class 5 rapids at the Royal Gorge in CO. (Now that I think of it, thats another time I almost got killed. See other post.)

It was fun and I kinda learned alot from those damn stinky people. I will always remember going down a river with this one guy who looked like Jesus and we saw a bum on a open box car on a trina and he said "man one of these days I am gonna be that guy" he was some rich kid from Wheaton but wanted to just ride in a train across the USA. I bet he would change his mind real quick after doing it for a few days.

Thats awesome!!!! It worked for me.

ShelbyGuy said:
dont worry, real life will crush the idealism out of them once they leave school :D

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Feel bad because you don't have a tree to hug of your own?

j/k, U of I has a "non-western cultures" gen ed class requirement, so I had to take at least one hippie-loving or drum-thumping course. I ended up taking some class about the study of Zen. All in all it was fairly interesting, but the t/a and most of the rest of the class were total hippie crackpots. The t/a wore this long striped stocking cap that hung like 2 feet down from his head and didn't know the meaning of 'to shave'.

Seriously, though, liberals crack my shit up. ShelbyGuy that's a pretty interesting thought. I love getting into a discussion with dem friends when they realize that everything they really value as middle class salary earners are republican values. It's only the media that's fed their hatred of the GOP.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
On one side, you have the hippie, unwashed, long haired "tree huggers" and on the other you have the jack booted, anti abortion, "Bible thumpers". My viewpoints are generally somewhere between the two. I try to decide on social issues myself rather than accept a party line. Sometimes the Republican views are correct to me, sometimes the Democrat views are correct. I will never think that just because the Republican/Democrat party says something that it is correct. Brainwashing works both ways. Independent forever!

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
You've hit it! You can't just delineate everyone into one group or the other. Because then we're either all hippies or religous radicals. Unfortunately, the extremes are the most vocal groups, and those that the media tend to focus on.

Fiscally conservative and socially liberal I'm sure describes a decent chuck of the population. The radical ideals are clearly obscure minorities.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
dont worry, real life will crush the idealism out of them once they leave school :D
:biggthump
10th03Cobra said:
I hate Hippies but, they know where all the good Ganja is so I have to put up with them. Plus they smell.
Out here in Boulder everyone knows where the good stuff is. I dont get the "plus they smell" part. So you like the fact that they smell??? haha
ILLINI-SVT said:
Seriously, though, liberals crack my shit up. ShelbyGuy that's a pretty interesting thought. I love getting into a discussion with dem friends when they realize that everything they really value as middle class salary earners are republican values. It's only the media that's fed their hatred of the GOP.
Sounds like my duscussions with Liberals. Like I said, non of the Bush haters Ive met can come up with any difinitive/reasonable point on why they hate him, or on why Kerry was a supposed better choice.

Cliff, good point, but Im not going to waste my vote on some Independent :p

At this point, I am too driunk to ujnderstand just whats goinig on, but i woujld like to sayt that someday iwill take over this country. ik will startr what is known as marcinism and send tjer proble to the moon. he will do agood job.

good night. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info