For gnxs - GN show on History Channel

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I just caught the end of that new show, I guess it's on the History Channel, where they let two teams each modify one particular car, then they drag them and whoever wins keeps both. Last night the car of choice was the 1985 Buick Grand National. Cool show. They tossed headers, big turbos, big downpipes and huge intercoolers in them.

Sorry I couldn't get to a computer last night to tell you, but I did Tivo it. I may try to burn it to DVD if my roommate got that working.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Why they started with a non-intercooled 1985 GN is beyond me? :dunno:

A bone stock 86-87 would have outrun those cars easily. I was actually a little embarrassed for them after that show. It was also funny that the guys working on these cars (although maybe mechanics) had no drag racing experience at all. I think they actually thought they were driving something fast. :argue:

14.3 modded is a disgrace, even for an '85. I am almost embarrassed to say I own a GN after that show. I guess I need to stress the fact that those were older non-intercooled (200hp) versions.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I am watching it on my Tvio right now and itz kinda gay. I watched the mustang one last week and couldn't stop laughing at those poll smokers.

Those two turbo brothers are tuner guys and don't know what a real car is like. They shoulda used the newer ones but couldn't afford them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info