Hi! New here. Help me pick a daily driver

1meanZ

Nov 14, 2004
I just found this site from www.svtperformance.com It's cool to see SVT enthusiasts so close to home. I own an '01 Lightning that I purchased new and it's my fair weather cruiser. I'm asking for help here because you people know the road and weather conditions better than a national/worldwide forum does. My current driver is a '95 Chevy p/u that has 200k and is getting long in the tooth. I drive from Highland, IN to the south side of Chicago to work and the usual Target, groceries, health club, etc. If 80/94 is a mess the back roads are bumpy and pot hole ridden. These are the choices I've narrowed it down to. The driver has to be V8, rear drive, and manual trans and the Lightning is not an option as a daily driver :biggthump I will keep the old p/u so I can still drive it when it snows and for really severe weather, but the new ride will be my 99% daily driver. Thanks for the input :headbang:

2004 Cobra $29k new
2004 GTO $27 new
2005 Mustang GT $24 new but have to wait til spring
2002 Z06 $32k-$34k used

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
I'll vote Cobra but only if you put snow tires on it. Mine was driven the last two winters on F1s and while its managable in light slop, when there is 3+inches on the ground or alot of slop its a nightmare. Get a spare set of rims with snow tires and you'll be set :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info