Big Props to "DANA"

wahoo

Regular
Mar 7, 2004
Dana is the man! I watched Dana work on Ray AKA Painters car for about 6 Hours today. What was supposed to be about a 30 minute job turned into a 6 hours worth of pain in the A$$. When what appeared to be a faulty bolt broke off in the diff. housing, he spent the next 5 hours trying to get it out. After a long day of persistance under the car, Dana had the IRS brace installed and Painter on his way. What was funny was I was under the car assisting Dana and I look over a see Ray eating chicken and beans while we were under "HIS" car working.. LOL I thought what is wrong with this picture!! I ended up having a lot of fun today. Was nice to see everyone again and I hope everyone made it home safe and sound! Thanks JOHN for another great meet, and tell the brother we appreciate him letting Ray store his car there for the day..LOL

Peace Doug

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks guys.
Wish I would have had more time to do the rest of the cars that wanted something installed.
I was just one of those things that happen sometimes. Sorry Ray.
So much for the 30 minute install, huh??
Remind me to have Doug look at that bolt next week.

I hope some more of you guys have pics so I can see what I missed.The pics I saw so far looked pretty impressive.

John,
Thanks for the Donuts & coffee and chicken. John always has the best donuts!! :clap:

Dan

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Dana said:
Thanks guys.
Wish I would have had more time to do the rest of the cars that wanted something installed.

Remind me to have Doug look at that bolt next week.

Dan

Maybe it was a ploy by Doug...

We never got to my pulley so I'm gonna just gonna buy a puller and be done with it.

So, Doug sends a bum bolt with Painter's IRS girdle to eat up Dan's time and thus, sells another pulley puller. :joke:

Anyway, I wish I didn't have to leave for work cause I'd have liked to watch that busted bolt come out cause I'm sure someday I'll need to do that. I was also curious to see if/how he was gonna torque down the bolts to spec. My torque wrench would fit anywhere near the top 4 bolts so mine are just hand tight.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Maybe it was a ploy by Doug...

We never got to my pulley so I'm gonna just gonna buy a puller and be done with it.
Sorry, that was not part of the plan.
Wharf Rat said:
Anyway, I wish I didn't have to leave for work cause I'd have liked to watch that busted bolt come out cause I'm sure someday I'll need to do that. I was also curious to see if/how he was gonna torque down the bolts to spec. My torque wrench would fit anywhere near the top 4 bolts so mine are just hand tight.
The bolts are only 5/16 bolts and require only about 22 Ft/lb. You easily can do this with a wrench.

Still not sure about the bolt, I want to get a second opinion from a few others and Doug also, if for no other reason than to determine the actual cause.

Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
If I make it to MSC I wanna race not wrench! Besides I wanna check the Predator tune before I hang it out at the track.

Dana, did you get that out with an easy-out?

Yes, after I was able to finally drill through the center of the bolt. The way it broke left a crown on the broken piece and made it difficult to do.

If the piece was on a bench, it would have been difficult. These circumstances made it just that much worse.

Just like new now though, so nothing lost but a few hours of time.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info