where to buy 108 unleaded race gas?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Eric,
I called Route 66 and they sell 110 octane at the track. Maybe check with the tracks out by you? They also suggested asking "Winner's Circle" [speed shop in Joliet]. You could check with your mechanic or the speed shops up by you...

If you can't find any by you, you could order it by the drum and buy an electric drum pump as a last resort.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Most Gas City's sell 100 or 104. Check their website for each site. Also go to www.racegas.com for Sunoco's (Clark around here) locations. Most sell 100 and some sell 104.

I think most 110 is leaded though. Byron might sell an unleaded 108????, but most anything higher than that is leaded, which will kill your cats not to mention leave a layer of lead all over your valves. It's not really really bad to use here and there but don't make a habit of it.

If you really need higher than 100, mix in some Tolulene. It's available at most paint supply stores for a reasonable price by the gallon, and is a reliable 114 octane.

I'm too busy at work right now to do the search, but there's several sites that give you more information about mixing fuel.

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
I think I am going to get a 55 gallon drum of VP103 unleaded. Where do I get it from, anyone have a number? Ive never worked with racegas before.

To answer the tuning question, my kenne bell is going to be tuned for 93 octane at 17-19psi. When I use the race tune, there is more timing and a leaner a/f hense the octane needs to be increased. I need to run 100 with the race tune and 103 with the spray tune!

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
If all you need is 100, then just buy it at the pump at a Gas City or Clark. It's like $3.50 or so a gallon. You won't do better than that by buying a drum. Plus you pay for Haz-Mat on the delivery if you can't pick it up yourself.

And don't forget to calculate the amount of 93 octane you have in the tank. It mixes linearlly. If you run it down to only 5 gallons in the tank of 93, you'd need 5 gallons of 107 to make 100, or 10 gallons of 104, etc., etc...

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
00SVTdubs said:
I think I am going to get a 55 gallon drum of VP103 unleaded. Where do I get it from, anyone have a number? Ive never worked with racegas before.

To answer the tuning question, my kenne bell is going to be tuned for 93 octane at 17-19psi. When I use the race tune, there is more timing and a leaner a/f hense the octane needs to be increased. I need to run 100 with the race tune and 103 with the spray tune!

Sounds like you're crossing that imaginary line that segregates a race car from a street car. :confused: I've seen it happen many times before and the symptoms are there. :cool2: Knowing the way you are, I don't know that a 55 gal drum in the garage is the right thing for you. I suspect you'd need several. :eek3:

If it was me, I'd make sure that my most aggresive tune could run on 100 octane fuel, so I could go to a Gas City to fill up. Hey, but that's just me.

I didn't realize that some Clark's also sold high octane fuel, that's good to know. A long time ago in my WS6 I recall pulling into a Speedway down in Joliet that sold 108. I found out it was leaded, so I didn't buy any.

Good luck with the project. I want first ride when it's done. :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info