A day in Byron.....

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Woke up early this morning and drove out to Rockford. I meet up with a buddy and his 97 LT1, and headed over to Byron Dragway for test-n-tune. Was great weather for racing: low 70's, breezy and cloudy.

Did one run right away to judge the track a bit (this is only my second time at a track ever.) Had an embarrassing 13.7 with MUCHO wheel spin (2.3 60') and a heat soaked motor. :eek:h: Gave her an hour to cool down, then tried again. Little better this time, and I beat my previous best run. 13.33 with a 2.2 60'. Still embarrassing, since this car SHOULD run 12's out of the box. Though I am still learning how to drive this beast (been driving stick for all of 8 months now.)

Cooled down for another hour and half (the wait while in the staging lanes.) I wanted to get into the 12's REAL bad, so I decided I would finally man-up and power shift the beast. And bam, on came the 12's!! That third run, and the best of the day, was a 12.86 @ 111.1. Finally! :headbang: I followed that up with a 12.92 to finish of the day.

All in all Byron is a pretty nice track (Though stay away from the tower stairs! They look dangerous. :p )

Ohh and the LT1 ran a best of 12.004 @ 118.9 with the spray. He was pissed since he was going for the 11's. :eek3: Got some work to do to catch him.

Meet a couple of other guys there, but I am horrible with names. I do remember Mark and his bad ass 04 Mystic, hopefully he will sign up. Also I met Lightning Bob with his black 10th anniversary! :biggthump

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
12's are cool :biggthump

I ran on Friday night and had almost the same 3 runs that you did but at Cordova!

13.78 / 2.55 60 ft :pat: I bogged BAD.
then hopped my way through first to a 13.5 / 2.27. I was getting pissed.
Then I pulled my head out of my ass on the third run and got a 12.88 @ 111.29 with a 2.08 60 ft. :headbang:

There was an 03 there with juice running 12.2 on stock F1's and another with a 3 inch pulley and Shitto DRs running consistant 12.2s also.

I'm shopping for BFG DRs today.

Next time you go to Byron let me know it's not that far from me. I might make the trip up. How was the scene there? Ricey? Long wait?

Cordova rocked. There was NO rice, just a shitload of 9-10 second cammed/carbed Chevelles and Foxes. My friend got my 12.8 on vid and I'm running a 85ish Fox and the dude lays down a 10.1! My best run I a lose by 2.7 secs :eek:h:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Wharf Rat said:
12's are cool :biggthump

I ran on Friday night and had almost the same 3 runs that you did but at Cordova!

13.78 / 2.55 60 ft :pat: I bogged BAD.
then hopped my way through first to a 13.5 / 2.27. I was getting pissed.
Then I pulled my head out of my ass on the third run and got a 12.88 @ 111.29 with a 2.08 60 ft. :headbang:

There was an 03 there with juice running 12.2 on stock F1's and another with a 3 inch pulley and Shitto DRs running consistant 12.2s also.

I'm shopping for BFG DRs today.

Next time you go to Byron let me know it's not that far from me. I might make the trip up. How was the scene there? Ricey? Long wait?

Cordova rocked. There was NO rice, just a shitload of 9-10 second cammed/carbed Chevelles and Foxes. My friend got my 12.8 on vid and I'm running a 85ish Fox and the dude lays down a 10.1! My best run I a lose by 2.7 secs :eek:h:

There was some rice up there, but not too much. Some funny looking neons with slicks on the front and skinnies on the rear. :lmao: There were lots of 10 second older cars, as well as a few 7-8 second pro looking cars.

The lines got pretty long, but there was a bike event going on at the same time which slowed everything down.

I am also starting to look for some DRs so I can head back up there. I will let you know for sure.

This fricken car is SOOOOO addicting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info