Anyone up for opening day TNT at route 66?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Anyone up for opening day TNT at route 66, err, US 41 or Byron this Sunday?

9:00 am this coming Saturday, April 17 at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet. I have absolutely no track experience, absolutely no mods, a fairly general idea of how to launch off a tree, and relatively new F1's with a lot of tread and a need for speed. I'm still hesitant (and still looking for a helmet), but I think I need to get my ass out there.

Anyone care to head up there with me? Much like being drunk and talking shit, I'm all that more willing to go with a group of people around.

:biggthump

On the other hand, if anyone has a differnet tnt they're planning on heading to in the next couple of weeks (at least before MSC), could you chime in here.

Thanks,
Kevin

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ILLINI-SVT said:
if anyone has a differnet tnt they're planning on heading to in the next couple of weeks (at least before MSC), could you chime in
Dont worry Kevin, we'll have at least two before MSC. Us 03 Cobras need time to break out Halfshafts and differential covers :p

Id love to go with you this weekend, but I cant do much being 1000miles away :dunno:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I'd also like to see some of you Cobra's run. Surprisingly, I never looked at them when I bought my truck. First I really wanted the Lightning, but also, I never really knew how fast they really are. From what your ET postings are, it looks like you can pretty much hit 12's off the showroom floor. I'm really impressed.

:headbang:

Anyway, as I said I'm not modded yet. Which is pretty much because I haven't been smoked by anyone yet. Even still, I can feel that there's wasted potential in how I run it on the street. But I won't feel the need to make that jump into the 12's until I actually get out there and feel the need.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
And Hank, you can put me down for MSC. Not that I expect to be competitive, but I do want to race for some experience and get a chance to see everyone else's L's and Cobra's. What do you want me to do at this point, it sounded like you were still considering some of the details? Is it still a 2-day event? Let me know if you want to send me a check now or how you're handling it. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info