My latest dog park story...

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
So... Kari and I decide to take our dogs to the park. Her and her mom bring their 3 dogs, a golden retriever, a lab, and a mutt, who looks like mike the wonder dog from down and out in Beverly Hills.

I meet them there with my dog Justice, the rott.

All was well... and we had some issues with Karis Golden trying to dominate others in the past so we came prepared with muzzle on just in case.

We noticed her golden was starting with my rott, but I had him on a long 20 ft leash... I don't worry about my dog, I worry about others... and I worry for their well being in case they do start something.

Out of the way comes running up a german short haired pointer barks at my rott for no reason... my dog begins to bark, but here comes the lifesaver golden retriever and with the muzzle on, managed to grab my dogs ear.

Talk about a disaster my dog was ready to defend himself and I wouldn't let him thank god, though, I have never seen his mouth so wide so ready to defend himself, I wanted him to have no part of that. ( UNfortunately we didn't notice the ear thing until about 15min later because I noticed blood on my dogs choker)

Kari finally gets her dog off and my dog sits like nothing and so does hers. After that they both acted like nothing. I think the problem is that her Golden does not understand the difference between playing and fighting... he assumes that no matter what that any situation is real and must be a fight.

I know I can break him we just need more time to work with him... and this time I am buying a muzzle with a cage around his mouth.

You can imagine how scared I was, but what got me more mad is that people will automatically assume my dog started it because he is a rott. when in fact it wasn't his fault. The good thing is that it was Kari's dog and not someone elses...

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Yuppies!? How many yuppies do you know live in the hood on the sw side and own a rott? It's the damn yuppies that seem to think their dogs can never hurt anyone and then end up blaming my cute loveable rott when he hiccups at them! My dog isn't that big... he's only 100 lbs ;0)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flatliner
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list