Looking for a Mutang owner with Mach 1000 upgrade

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I've heard the Mach 1000 in Mach 1000 mode at a Ford Dealership recently. It's so powerful that you cannot put the volume near halfway because the the pressure is pounding your body and ears. The current Mach 460 system lacks the punch that the Mach 1000 hands out with brute force.

SNK BITN said:
I've heard the M1K and it doesnt seem worth the swap man. Just upgrade your stuff to some nice aftermarket sounds, at least you'd get your moneys worth. Unless your getting the M1K for free......but it still wouldnt be worth the hassle to me.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Mike, if you install just a subwoofer and amp now, you can always upgrade the rest of the system later. Adding a subwoofer makes the Mach 460 sound much better. Listen to my car and Andy's when you get a chance. Mine will show you just a subwoofer and amp and his will show you an Alpine headunit and 2 amps and 2 subs as well as Equalization which makes a BIG difference. You could do it one step at a time and not have to lay out big bucks at once.

BOTLFED98

TCG Elite Member
Mar 5, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
I've heard the Mach 1000 in Mach 1000 mode at a Ford Dealership recently. It's so powerful that you cannot put the volume near halfway because the the pressure is pounding your body and ears. The current Mach 460 system lacks the punch that the Mach 1000 hands out with brute force.

ya, i doubt the mach1000 is anything close to a good aftermarket setup....

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Andy used his stock mid/woofers and mid/tweeters with an amp that provides more power and I thought they were aftermarket speakers. Surprisingly good sounding. I'm sure that the Alpine head unit and EQ helps the sound as well.

I turned my sub back up a little since I can have my windows down now and my mirrors are shaking again... I think if I added an active EQ to what I have now, it would sound pretty good. I do want to add some of the aftermarket stuff I have but it doesn't sound bad the way it is.

Edit-Of course, it's not nearly as good as quality aftermarket stuff. Listen to some MB Quart seperates with JL Audio Subs and Rockford Fosgate amps backing up an Alpine head unit and you will be in heaven. http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/home/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info